• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

What is SAT and when,where,why I need it :(

Reaction score
IELTS /TOEFL is also a necessary test that tests your skills of listening, writing, speaking, reading english. It is a requirement for all students whose first language isnt english ..if you wish to apply to any U.S., U.K., etc university . I assume that you're a pakistani so you'll have to give any of those 2. But check with the uni you're applying to. :)

But i got B in o level English.

Reaction score
I'm currently in the first year of my A levels and plan to pursue a degree in computer science in the future. I have 4 subjects in A levels which are Math, Physics, Chemistry and Computing. I have a few questions regarding the SAT:
1. What is the ideal time to give the SAT and when should I register for it?
2. For how long are our SAT scores valid?
3. Which SAT subject tests should I give(if any)?
4. Can I study for the SAT by myself or is a teacher really needed?
Help will be appreciated!

Reaction score
I'm currently in the first year of my A levels and plan to pursue a degree in computer science in the future. I have 4 subjects in A levels which are Math, Physics, Chemistry and Computing. I have a few questions regarding the SAT:
1. What is the ideal time to give the SAT and when should I register for it?
2. For how long are our SAT scores valid?
3. Which SAT subject tests should I give(if any)?
4. Can I study for the SAT by myself or is a teacher really needed?
Help will be appreciated!

1- Starting now, January 2014. You can register for it whenever you feel (they should be open now. I'll suggest registering ASAP because I, for one, kept Oct 12 in mind, followed by Jan 13, then May 13 and then Jun 13'. Basically, kept pushing it forward. Only began realistically preparing when I registered)

2- 2 years

3- Focus on the SAT Reasoning Test for now. You can deal with the Subject Tests later depending on the uni's you're going to apply to, (but if I were you I'd give Physics, Math II and Chemistry)

4- Ofcourse! There's nothing in the world one cannot study for themselves! A lot of people do it themselves. I'll suggest going through threads on CollegeConfidential. Very good stuff over there. Make sure you've read the guys story who bumped up his CR from 500 to 800. (http://talk.collegeconfidential.com...got-800-sat-critical-reading-story-guide.html)

Good luck!

Reaction score
But i got B in o level English.

i also got a B in english n many told me tht i must give ielets/tofel.... actually mine was igcse english second language n in ur case i guess u have to give as well... if nt needed it vl look good on ur profile :D

Reaction score
I already know about SAT 1 but I want to ask about SAT 2. What are the best subject choices for SAT 2? I will give it next October and I take Maths, Physics, Chemiatry and English Literature as my A2 subjects.

Reaction score
Guys I have a few confusions regarding the SAT. Can someone please help me:
1. I am in AS level currently and I plan to give the SAT on January 25th 2014. Are 3 months enough for preparation?
2. Is a teacher really needed or can I study myself?
3. Is there any benefit of giving the SAT if I don’t plan to go to a USA university?

Reaction score
Guys I have a few confusions regarding the SAT. Can someone please help me:
1. I am in AS level currently and I plan to give the SAT on January 25th 2014. Are 3 months enough for preparation?
2. Is a teacher really needed or can I study myself?
3. Is there any benefit of giving the SAT if I don’t plan to go to a USA university?

1.Yes as I a also giving it that same date.
2.Teacher is most preferable
3.Certain Pakistani Uni. have SAT as an optional criteria or a compulsory one.

Reaction score
what is the difference btw SAT 1 and SAT 2?
SAT I is the main test, which consists of English and basic Mathematics. SAT II are essentially subject tests, and you can take any number of subjects you want here, like Physics, Chemistry, Biology E/M, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Maths Level 1, Maths Level 2, English Literature, History, etc.
The SAT I assesses your raw skills in Mathematics and your proficiency in English, and the SAT II assesses your knowledge in the individual subjects you wish to pursue at University.

Reaction score
SAT I is the main test, which consists of English and basic Mathematics. SAT II are essentially subject tests, and you can take any number of subjects you want here, like Physics, Chemistry, Biology E/M, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Maths Level 1, Maths Level 2, English Literature, History, etc.
The SAT I assesses your raw skills in Mathematics and your proficiency in English, and the SAT II assesses your knowledge in the individual subjects you wish to pursue at University.
oh.

Reaction score
if I intend to apply for universities in canada or turkey etc do I have to appear in both SAT1 & 2 ??
SAT is applicable for USA, Canada and Singapore mainly. Please stop asking again and again. The answers are already given above, you have to give the SAT II if you're applying to US, Canadian or Singapore colleges, and if you apply for any major.