• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Admission in NUST / GIKI

Reaction score
and r u appearing for the test in dec?....i am done with a levels this session isA and will be doing sat 2 on 5th dec isA....so exactly what should i do cause i am lost?...

Im not applying on local basis as i have done igcse's from outside....i went to dow uni here but the fee structure for international students is really high...what are my other options? i want to study medicine anywhere in pakistan...prob is where should i start? nust is a good uni....but im lost
no i'm not appearing.
sat isnt a requirement unless you apply as an international student. I dont see the need to apply as an international student

fee structure is going to be very high for any university for internationals. You could complete the requirement for equivalence certificate and then apply as a pakistan national
admission in nust medical is near to impossible due to the very few number of seats being offered. you REALLY need to have a backup plan. You would probably have to apply to provate medical colleges (High fees aain!!) Agha khan can be a really good option for people with o'alevel background (very high fees again) but its the best one out there.
other options can be applying for financial assistance in the uni (once you get in ofc) but that varies uni to uni

Reaction score
shoot! well thank you anyways....btw is there any way on earth i can get into a medical uni before june?
im sorry but im not aware of any uni that'd still be accepting applications. You might want to check out on some private medical colleges. Govt colleges k tests guzar chukay haen and you'll have to wait for next year.

Reaction score
really u r?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U R A HUMAN BEING RIGHT????!!!!!!!!!!!
sorry
its just that everyone i ask is either not doing medicine or applying else where XP

oakyzzz tooh many questions letme sort them out in ma mind XD
you should probably make a new thread regarding medical college admissions. this one is getting off topic

Reaction score
Then who is in EME side? There is mechanical dept there too.
What is employment ratio of mechatronics graduates compared to electrical/mechanical?
you have a choice if you want to do mechanical from eme or h-12
i dont have the exact figures, obviously, but apparently electrical/mechanical are more employable

Reaction score
no i'm not appearing.
sat isnt a requirement unless you apply as an international student. I dont see the need to apply as an international student

fee structure is going to be very high for any university for internationals. You could complete the requirement for equivalence certificate and then apply as a pakistan national
admission in nust medical is near to impossible due to the very few number of seats being offered. you REALLY need to have a backup plan. You would probably have to apply to provate medical colleges (High fees aain!!) Agha khan can be a really good option for people with o'alevel background (very high fees again) but its the best one out there.
other options can be applying for financial assistance in the uni (once you get in ofc) but that varies uni to uni
thank you for ur reply XD

Reaction score
no i'm not appearing.

A good score on SAT-2 secures your place as an National Student in NUST.

Reaction score
A good score on SAT-2 secures your place as an National Student in NUST.
a good score in NET would secure you a place in NUST too. You'd need a near perfect score in SAT to do so, given the limited number of SAT seats.

Reaction score
a good score in NET would secure you a place in NUST too. You'd need a near perfect score in SAT to do so, given the limited number of SAT seats.
I agree but studying British Curriculum and directly jumping away to a test based on Fsc,that's tough.

Near Perfect?
Anything 2100+ secures you a National Based seat.

Reaction score
I agree but studying British Curriculum and directly jumping away to a test based on Fsc,that's tough.

Near Perfect?
Anything 2100+ secures you a National Based seat.
Yes you've got a good point but its not that fsc is from out of this world. most of the topics studied are same. In fact most of the students from Alevel background get admission through NET as opposed to SAT. It comes down to personal preferences and what are you comfortable with.

That depends on the major you are applying for. I doubt a score around 2100 would earn you a seat on Mechanical or Electrical.

Reaction score
Yes you've got a good point but its not that fsc is from out of this world. most of the topics studied are same. In fact most of the students from Alevel background get admission through NET as opposed to SAT. It comes down to personal preferences and what are you comfortable with.
I agree.
But "most of the students from Alevel background get admission through NET" is due to the fact that most of the students prefer taking coaching classes for NET; which is great but waste of a year.

That depends on the major you are applying for. I doubt a score around 2100 would earn you a seat on Mechanical or Electrical.
True.
Plus it also depends in which city are you planning to apply.
Islamabad has the highest of the merits.

Reaction score
I agree.
But "most of the students from Alevel background get admission through NET" is due to the fact that most of the students prefer taking coaching classes for NET; which is great but waste of a year.
waste of an year? o_O these coaching classes can go (and normally do) parallel to you Alevel.

Reaction score
waste of an year? o_O these coaching classes can go (and normally do) parallel to you Alevel.
Finding an FSc coaching outside of Pakistan is one BIG Deal!
So Dah in easy words after one finishes A-level he opt to take up FSc coaching classes.