• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Books to study O level World History from

Reaction score
Hi,
I have been searching for books to study world history from. My first stop was naturally the syllabus and the resources present on the cie website but the syllabus doesn't have any recommended books and the resources of books are just many covering different history periods.

Some history books that I have managed to locate are of GCSE and they have an entirely different paper pattern that they have discussed so thats useless.

I have heard of a Norman Lowe book but I was wondering would that one book be enough and is it complete?

I would really appreciate a response . Thanks

Reaction score
Thanks for the prompt reply !

So you did your entire preparation from this one book? Did you also consult wikipedia or just relied solely on Norman Lowe?And plenty of past papers , I suppose?

Is this the usual book recommended for this subject or are there any more that teachers recommend or students consult? (I am going to study it on my own which is why I am so curious). Did you find this subject built on the same lines as Pak Studies history portion or not? I mean I have been looking through it and the analytical and analysis portions seem fairly straightforward- or do you think that it is actually tricky? My impressions so far are of it only requiring a great deal of rote learning and writing it down.

I really appreciate your taking the time to post a reply.

Reaction score
I also studied this subject on my own and i believe it is the best way to prepare for exams...it is quite different from pak studies (history).....the questions in world history paper have 2 parts (narrative and analysis)
once u have done all ur preparation u ll not find this subject too difficult......this subject is not about rote learning but understsnding but i ll advice to learn dates (the most important thing in history :p).Once u have understood this sub well u can write down a good answer...

Reaction score
I guess then I will have to get my hands on a Norman Lowe book - I was uncertain about it before thinking it would not be enough- thanks!

Reaction score
Hey, would anybody know where Norman Lowe's World History book or any World History book for that matter, is sold in Lahore?

Reaction score
Hi,
I have been searching for books to study world history from. My first stop was naturally the syllabus and the resources present on the cie website but the syllabus doesn't have any recommended books and the resources of books are just many covering different history periods.

Some history books that I have managed to locate are of GCSE and they have an entirely different paper pattern that they have discussed so thats useless.

I have heard of a Norman Lowe book but I was wondering would that one book be enough and is it complete?

I would really appreciate a response . Thanks
Us Ben Walsh Book