• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CAN I MIX IGCSE and O LEVELS

Reaction score
Hy people

I'm a homeschooler and I do 7 subjects , I was wondering if I can write 1 IGCSE subject while the rest are 6 O LEVEL subjects

I would be really grateful if I got some clarification there

Reaction score
Hi ! If you are on home schooling then O Levels are some what better, because of some coursework components(from School) in the IGCSE subjects.
But, do check under the 'AVAILABILITY' section of each individual IGCSE syllabus (or, O Levels) if private candidates can sit for that particular subject. Also, do keep in mind that NOT all subjects will be available in all 'adminstrative zones' , even if you have been privately studying for that subject.
To get a better idea, look in this exam registration site ONE session before you want to sit for the exams>>>

(that is the official site to register for the exams)
------
However, if same subjects are available for both IGCSE & O levels, I suggest you go for the IGCSE as course content & exams are structured for the next phase (A Levels).

Also, when registering from the above site you choose your 'level' & if you need to add more subjects from another level (say, O Level) you gotta go back & select that level, then finally after you are done, it will show you all your IGCSE & O level subjects. Going from one level to next does NOT 'wipe' your previously selected level's.
-------
Yes, you can mix both O'Levels & IGCSE's but do go online to check for time-table clashes.
The exam time-tables would have already been published as you are registering for the exams. Do check.

I hope that helps.

Reaction score
ps: also, even if there is a time-table clash (of say, AM or PM or EV, sometimes), they let your take a break of 5 mins between the different papers, if you happen to have papers from different subjects for the same time-table sitting.