• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

computer studies in o level help

Reaction score
iam riyad reda
iam 15 and this is my first time t do igcse iam in o level
i want to take computer studies as an additional subject but my school does not offer it so iam taking it privately
i will do it in june
so my question is:
is there any book to study from or what is the best book to study from?
as my school never offered it so i dont know what is the best book

Reaction score
ryr1995 said:
iam riyad reda
iam 15 and this is my first time t do igcse iam in o level
i want to take computer studies as an additional subject but my school does not offer it so iam taking it privately
i will do it in june
so my question is:
is there any book to study from or what is the best book to study from?
as my school never offered it so i dont know what is the best book

Here is the textbook u should use. Its called 'Computer Studies and Information Technology'.

http://www.cambridge.org/gb/education/i ... cale=en_GB

Its not a difficult subjects but u should know u use the same textbook but have an option of writing from two different exams. Please be sure to know before hand which paper u will write for. The one I did was computer studies only and I wrote 1 paper only and had a project to complete during the year. From how I gain the other option called the ICT is easier than the computer studies but remember u use the same textbook for both but just write a different paper for the exams, and with ICT there is no projects. If u manage to get hold of the textbook it will explain u in detail about both. If u need any further help I'm willing to help u as I have done it already. I can also give u an online teacher who used to help me with it. :D

Best of luck mate...

Reaction score
i think u cannot give computer studies paper privately our shcool teachers told us u cna give any paper privately but not the computer because in computer paper u have to submit ur project first to ur teacher who will give marks and then it will be sent to cambridge ;) wasnt it like this

Reaction score
AnGeL.Of.DaRkNeSs said:
i think u cannot give computer studies paper privately our shcool teachers told us u cna give any paper privately but not the computer because in computer paper u have to submit ur project first to ur teacher who will give marks and then it will be sent to cambridge ;) wasnt it like this

Hey sorry only saw ur email now. Yes u right it is first given to the teacher to mark and then to Cambridge.