• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CONFUSION and HELP : (physics)

Reaction score
physics
doubt 1 =i wrote costamic rays in paper instead of cosmic rays , would that be accepted ?
doubt 2 = in a circut diagram i drew all the components required for the circut but
didnt connect them in correct place and in correct manner
so that was 3 marks question would i get some marks out of 3?

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Actually i dont know what question is it exactly...for the first case...u might be given marks if there is no such word-->costamic....but if there is and if it is the wrong answer then u wont get marks..
for the second case it depends on the question again like if connected in parallel..what was to be connected in parallel..and if symbols are correct u might get 1 or 2 marks :)

Reaction score
yar for the first one the i wrote cosmatic rays from sun instead of cosmic rays from Sun
would that be inncorrect

and for the second one i drew the diagram whole correct but battery was inverted see pic
my current should in other direction
the only fault is in my batteri inverted to other side

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 202
Reaction score
cosmatic and cosmic are two different things...

and if the question speaks particularly for battery, a mark will for sure be deducted!

Reaction score
so for the first question No marks ? :(

and for the second the question was to convert Ac into Dc to charge a batter :)
will i get 2/3

Reaction score
for the second question if its rectification, then a battery is not needed in the circuit. An ac source, a diode and a resistor will form a circuit. You'll get the output across the load .i.e. the resistor ...

maybe you get a single mark for showing a diode in the circuit!

Reaction score
yar cosmic aur cosmatic walai main i dont think you would loose marks
since costamic koie term hi nnahien physics ki aur examiner ko cosmatic parh kar samjah toh a jaie gi keh yeh cosmic hai

aur physics main spelling ka inta chakar nahien hota but in biology you are penalized

Reaction score
beacon_of_light said:
for the second question if its rectification, then a battery is not needed in the circuit. An ac source, a diode and a resistor will form a circuit. You'll get the output across the load .i.e. the resistor ...

maybe you get a single mark for showing a diode in the circuit!

becon bhai
you are getting the question wrong the question was to draw a circiut which converts Ac source into Dc current and that DC current charges up the battery :)

Reaction score
beacon_of_light said:
yea then its right... and -1 for reversed connections to the battery ... that's what I think!

thanks again for conciling me and what about the first one

is creative22 correct ?

Reaction score
If the examiner is lenient enough, he will give you a mark otherwise .... you'll be penalized ... And its not the game of spellings but a quick idea of the word...
Look if it were cosmica or something like that, that gives an idea of cosmic... but cosmatic could be linked to skin cancer... btw dont worry for a single mark... hope u get this mark ;)

Reaction score
thank you all for sharing your views :)
in the END please tell me what grade should i expect with these marks ?

paper 1 -38 /40
paper 2 - 64/75
paper ATP - 26/30

128/145
88 % /100 %

A or A *

Reaction score
beacon_of_light said:
A*... in percentile system... & also depends on weightage ...

yes InshAllah i will give you good news on result day :)
yeah i am dead sure percentile would fall because paper 1 and ATP were easy or normal
BUt paper 2 this time was hell difficult , tricky confusing
and people mostly lost 15-20 marks in them , i managed to get greater

thanks for evryting :) :mrgreen: :D

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Waalaikumassalam!

All Praise be to Allah..mashAllah..n Alhumdulilah u got A*