• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Does mechatronics have any scope in Pakistan ?

Is mechatronics a worthy choice ?

• Yes , it does have a good scope within Pakistan

• No . it doesnt have a good scope within Paksitan

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
AoA every one ! i am pretty confused as to the career i want to pursue and the university i want to join.
I am passionate abt mechatronics and electrical eng. but from what ive heard Pakistan doesnt have many industries that require mechatronics(robotics) and from the ranking ive seen AIR university and nust seem like the best option .

So my queastion is , shud i consider doing BS in mechatronics ? and from where ?
and if i shud do electrical eng , shud i go fro NUST , PIEAS or GIKI ?

P.S. im an Alvl student .

Reaction score
AoA every one ! i am pretty confused as to the career i want to pursue and the university i want to join.
I am passionate abt mechatronics and electrical eng. but from what ive heard Pakistan doesnt have many industries that require mechatronics(robotics) and from the ranking ive seen AIR university and nust seem like the best option .

So my queastion is , shud i consider doing BS in mechatronics ? and from where ?
and if i shud do electrical eng , shud i go fro NUST , PIEAS or GIKI ?

P.S. im an Alvl student .
Hello Instigator. Well my best friend is doing MT from UET Lahore and he is not satisfied by their studies but MT itself is a huge field which is just like CS, expanding everyday. It has demand here in Pakistan but not for those MT Engineers who lack knowledge and experience. If you have good knowledge, you'll do internships and then you'll have experience and companies would be willing to take you.
It's true Pakistan has not many industries but still the demand is increasing due to ever increasing automation.
Yes AIR and Nust are better options though I don't know if NUST offers MT. You should try for NUST though otherwise go for AIR.

For EE all three of these universities are good. You can read the guide I've written and the link is in my signature. Each one of those are EE giants in their own way so it's totally upto you but if you want an amazing oncampus life with many events and opportunities, you should aim for NUST. PIEAS is under army and also linked to the nuclear territory thus there are certain restrictions as in you sign some NDA and that you never disclose some things (I am not sure though).

Now to your original question, I am quoting below the exact words of a UET MT graduate who worked at Pel and now at ABB Electronics and this is what he said when I asked him so I could guide you:

Yea its abit hard finding jobs purely related
Im working in ABB ... with me are seniors who are EE..
And we all do same jobs
Difference apka experience lata
Ee walay ziada tur power ya instrumentation m.jaty
Hum log agr pure related job mily tu automation
Tou its a difficult to explain and pin point kay scope kiya hai
Har cheez ka scope hai

Mechanical electrical mechatronics power ... ye sb most wanted hein
So tension not
matlab if you have knowledge and experience tou there is not a shortage of jobs for Mechatronics
Ab dekho mery pas instrumentation ka experience nai hai
I lag in it but im good in control systems
Mean DCS and PLCS
So .... I find them both normal
Infact electrical ziada tough ha from my perspective but it depends on the person now.