• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English Oral IGCSE

Reaction score
Can somebody help us to know the questions that were asked in the English Orals as a second language? Please help :!: :!:

Reaction score
Help has arrived!

Actually, I've taken two oral tests for practice and I've seen many other different tests.
First of all, your teacher will give you a card about the topic and will give you a certain time for you to think of what you're going to say.
The teacher will ask you questions from the points in the paper, but can also ask you other questions that aren't on the paper.
Also bear in mind that the teacher will give you marks on your structure and grammar, fluency (meaning that you don't stop talking to think of what to say and you try to be talkative and give many details) and ideas (you can improve that by giving many ideas).
I'm sure that you'll receive a totally different topic form all the other ones, but all the topics talk about real-life stuff, like crime, money, responsibility, living outside your hometown, pollution, life in the future, etc.

~ Kimo Force

Reaction score
here are the five subjects:
1-advertising
2-ambitions
3-globalization
4-money matters
5-contact sports

good luck

Reaction score
thanks, but what about the questions asked in these topics? thanks again for your help

Reaction score
here are the questions that i know were asked:
Contact sports: what are some advantages and disadvantages of contact sports
what are some advantages of sports in general
what are the dangers of boxing
when should contact sports be stopped
name some sports that do not involve contact.

Globalisation: what is globalisation
when do you communicate with your relatives
what effect did globalisation have on unemployment
what is your countries outlook on globalisation
how did globalisation affect poor people

Advertising: what are the qualities of a good advertisment
would you purchase an advertised product with those qualities
do you think advertising aimed at children should be stopped
advertising is harmful. explain

money matter: what services and activities in your country should be free
how much do you pay for your barber
do you use public transportation

Ambitions: what do you want to be when you grow up
what qualities do you need to have inorder to achieve your goals
who is your role model, why?

Those are all the ones i remember...hope it helps

Reaction score
Thank you very very much .I am sure that it will really help at least we will have some confidence while speaking. I really appreciate your valuable and precious help.Once again "thank you". :D

Reaction score
no problem glad i could help i remember how it was for me to do the oral but anyway i got a full mark which is a 1 :)

PlanetMaster

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
You can send PM to anyone registered to this forum.
Just click the user and hit 'Send Private Message'.
The member is automatically added to sender's list.
Just type in your message and send it.

I'll recommend using the forum for that purpose so others may also benefit from it.

Reaction score
I just came back from the English E2L Oral Communication , and just like MG said , the topics were
  • Advertising
  • Ambitions
  • Contact Sports
  • Globalisation
  • Money Matters

However the examiner picked Ambitions' topic card and gave it to me , therefore I might be able to recall Ambitions' ideas over here , but they will not be as accurate as the topic card is.

Speak about your own ambitions.
Speak about someone you know who had ambitions and was able to achieve them.
Speak about Ambitious individual's problems in the society and the society's problem with ambitious people.
Speak about the society's response towards none ambitious people.

There is a point that I totally forgot , anyway I would love to thank both MG for the Topics ¬¬ and I would love to thank Kimo ( Toshkar ya z3eem ) for his useful tips concerning the oral examination.