• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Geography help needed!!!

Reaction score
I havent studied pak stdz in my entire life and now because of IBCC's crap policies i have to.. I am appearing privately for islamiyat and pak stdz.. I hav managed to study islamiyat and history but geography is just not getting into my head!! any tips on how to cope with it this close before the exams wud b really helpful.. plzzzz help!!!!! :cry:

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Juz go through the past papers along with mark schemes and examiner reports...

Reaction score
download the sylabuss content of pak.studies available on this site and revise each topic atleast one
practise atleast 2, 3 year pastpapers along with examiner reports

Reaction score
yeah marking scheme and ex.reports will help u alot... and if u ask anything specific then we will be happy to xplain it... :)

Reaction score
thx a lot ppl!! cn u plzz also tell wht r da most important topics tht r usually repeatd, also plz xplain what are inundation canals and perennial canals and the difference between adit minig and shaft mining?

Reaction score
i had a real hard time with geo as well. its horrible.....!!!!!!!! Damn Zia ul Haq for making the policy............

bt since u have 2 do it just go through past papers and marking schemes.

very briefly:
Indundation canals are those that are seasonal. meaning they only get water during flood season, and have it as long as it doesnt evaporate or is used up. Whereas, Perennial canals are permanent canals that are functional through out they year. they are connected to a water source.

Adit mining is when horizontal tunnels are drilled thru the slope of a mountain to reach the seam of coal, and then the extraction takes place. In shaft mining vertical shafts are dug to reach the seam of coal, extraction takes place, and then lifts are used to pull up the coal.

Best of luck with ur exams, especially with geography!

TSZ

Reaction score
dude no need 2 worry. u can do half da' ppr by just thinking. e.g in the question asking advantages. just get the basic concepts and do the ppr. I guarantee an E. then the rest of the journey till A* is by ratta.

Reaction score
No ratta beta.
For geography solve atleast 10 past papers along with marking scheme ( very important). To get A make ur HIstory stronger and try to get maximum in it.
In geography almost all chap r important but the most are INDUSTRIES ,AGRICULTURE and POPULATION

Reaction score
Agreed wid saud it is highly expected dat 3 out ov five questions can cum from industry nd agriculture...

Reaction score
well according to my knowledge........geography is all about general knowledge.....! (hope so)

Reaction score
I personALy AGrEE>.>....That gEOgraphy requirs KnOWLeDGE as much as u can from newspapers,bks and your knowledge>>....Even IF u DONT KnOW tHE ANSWER
just Focus on yOur Observations!!!!;)

Reaction score
I will not recommend newspapers (Maybe I am wrong coz I havent tried it myself ) But the knowledge comes from marking schemes really and simple logic is always required...

Reaction score
IN GEOGRAPHY: you should get the main theme of each topic and understand it (logically) and go through the marking schemes and examiner reports along with a good book............YOU WILL SUCCEED IN GETTING GOOD GRADES