• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

GIKI Admissions 2017

Reaction score
For anyone going to GIKI , what was the merit no. and what program did you get selected in. And anyone wanting to change their program? Also info about transport and hostel related stuff would be appreciated.

Reaction score
For anyone going to GIKI , what was the merit no. and what program did you get selected in. And anyone wanting to change their program? Also info about transport and hostel related stuff would be appreciated.
I asked for info from a friend whose sister has joined GIKI recently.
This is her reply:
Merit # 700 in Computer Engineering.
No plans of changing the program.
Transport is still undecided since university hasn't given any info yet and the hostel's fees is included within the tuition. If you get accepted, you'll automatically get a room because even the faculty there stay in the on-campus hostels.

Reaction score
I asked for info from a friend whose sister has joined GIKI recently.
This is her reply:
Merit # 700 in Computer Engineering.
No plans of changing the program.
Transport is still undecided since university hasn't given any info yet and the hostel's fees is included within the tuition. If you get accepted, you'll automatically get a room because even the faculty there stay in the on-campus hostels.
I think you asked tayyba? im her sister lol. I was thinking i could get more info about giki because tayyba doesnt know anything about it. (dont tell her i said this) . If you happen to find some info about hostel and transport, please do tell.

Reaction score
I think you asked tayyba? im her sister lol. I was thinking i could get more info about giki because tayyba doesnt know anything about it. (dont tell her i said this) . If you happen to find some info about hostel and transport, please do tell.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. What a pleasant surprise! :p Yes I asked her and she had no idea herself. :p
Sure, I can ask an old friend of mine, he's in final year now. What exactly do you want to know?

Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. What a pleasant surprise! :p Yes I asked her and she had no idea herself. :p
Sure, I can ask an old friend of mine, he's in final year now. What exactly do you want to know?
i want to know how to get to giki from islamabad, i have searched forums , but it isnt specified anywhere . And i have read that they drop off students to islamabad on weekends and pick them up again around evening , i want to know about the timings of that. Also should i bring my own wifi bec ive heard the internet speed on campus is pretty slow. Theres still 3 weeks left so i think giki itself will tell about this stuff. I just want to know about the wifi tbh. Thanks for the help and now you've led my annoying sister to me on these forums :eek:

Reaction score
i want to know how to get to giki from islamabad, i have searched forums , but it isnt specified anywhere . And i have read that they drop off students to islamabad on weekends and pick them up again around evening , i want to know about the timings of that. Also should i bring my own wifi bec ive heard the internet speed on campus is pretty slow. Theres still 3 weeks left so i think giki itself will tell about this stuff. I just want to know about the wifi tbh. Thanks for the help and now you've led my annoying sister to me on these forums :eek:
I'll message him this and let you know once he replies.
Hahahahahha yes you'd have to deal with her ab. :)

Reaction score
Here you go. Hope this helps:

Yes they do have their own transport. It's available every weekend. Leaves at 5:30 Friday for Islamabad and at 4 pm Sunday back to GIKI. Costs 150 rps one way. At times 250, when we're headed for a long Eid break. Else, there are local transports available (also costs 150) but I'd never recommend a girl to go alone. Should have atleast 1 male with her or a group. Moreover, a car rental is also available if necessary. 2500 one way that costs
1f61b.png

Wifi is not that bad, varies from person to person. It works for me but some do have their own devices. But 3G is available of Ufone, Warid, Mobilink, Zong so that's not bad either. But this depends on her use. Let her experiment for a month then decide. Also, she'll need a wifi router for her room as only LAN cables are provided in the rooms. Else, wifi is available all around campus.