• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

History !!!! HELP!!!!

Reaction score
Can u guys please tell tht hw to write perfect 14 marks question in history..??????//

Reaction score
HMMM for 14 marks question in which u have to compare three people like the Shah Wali Ullah one's in which u are asked to compare him with Ahmed Barelvi and Shariatulla u first write simple statment regarding all three which could be like all three of them worked hard for revival of islam then explain a little about two to 3 lines on Shah waliullah then write complete work of Ahmed barelvi including his services and then again write complete work of Shaariatullah including his services and at the end wrtie full and complete services of shah waliullah and finally comment on answer by saying his work was most important and also give a couple of reasons in three lines max.
AND FOR the 14 mark question in which u have to compare services or tell which service was most helping/importatn of any famous identity in that first write simple statement regarding that famous identity and write intro para of his services of three lines and then write frirt service and how it helped give detail and then write second service nad REMEMBER the service which is most important is to be mentioned at last and details are to e given then again finally commetn on answer by giving reasons or comparing the three services

SO BASICALLY here goes the pattern
Frist write simple statement...THEN give a introduction para of three lines.....Then give detailed info on anything asked in question and finally comment on answer...

My help may seem a bit confusing but every 14 mark question is different so give me the question i will tell u the perfect answer or tell u key points to be included and how to put those points i mean the pattern!!HOPE THIS HELPS

Reaction score
like for e.g
the question is
"Was the abolition of khalifate" the only reason for the failure of khilafat movement
reasong r gandhi withdrawl his support,hijrat movemnt and lack of resources.....they didnot gathered other countries

Now please tell me how we will write????

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
nopes...!!!!!!!!!!!!percentile system is still there :)

Reaction score
vishal said:
n one more thing is percentile system abolished???

just remember 'Percentile system' can never ever be abolished from Cambridge :)

Reaction score
Hmmmm @ VISHAL dude its a analytical question so here goes the answer
first write simple statement about khilafat movement like it was an imp epsiode in political history of india or any other u want.
then briefly explain its importance and how it started and how it helped muslims in about 1 paragraph of about 5 lines.
Then write that it failed due to many reasons frist explain first reason that is that it was bound to fail as caliphate of turkey had no interest in politics and mr.jinnah and allama iqbal didnot supported the movement(DETAILS ARE TO BE GIVEN)
After this write a paragraph on the two major setbacks the movement got which were first hijrat movement and explain about how it failed and next the chaura chouri insident that occured and also give a little detail about gandhi's noncoperation movemnt as it marked the end of congress support..
Then write third reason which was that the british arrested khilafat movement leaders and give a little detail in 3 to 4 lines.
Then write that major reason was abolition of khalifate and give detail about it(Hope u know) and at last comment briefly(no need to compare it with other reasons)..
This is how ithe answer should go HOPE THAT HELPED

Reaction score
Hey how would you go about answering the following question:

Q. How successful was the 3rd June Plan in solving the problems of the people of Sub Continent?Explain you answer. [14]

BTW....have you given O levels paper?

Reaction score
hmmm @ bikermicefrmars i never found that question in past papers after year 2000 to 2010 and no need to read and solve past papers before year 2000 bcs befre year 2000 syllabus and paper pattern was changed but ur quesiton is good!

So the question says explain ur answer means the examiner wants complete detail of 3rd june plan and reasons to support ur answer that was it successful to solve problems of people of sbcontinent
First write a simple statement regarding 3rd June plan.
Then write an paragraph on the 3rd june plan giving its main points which could be as following
(i) India was to be divided into Hindustan And Pakistan.
(ii) Pakistan was to comprise the Muslim majority areas with a right to secede from the rest of India.
(iii) The Muslims majority areas would be demarcated by a Joint Boundary Commission.
(iv) Bengal would be partitioned into Muslim and Hindu majority areas.
Then give reasons on how successful it was to people of subcontinent which are as follows
1.it marked end of british rule over subcontinent
2.people of subcontinent got dominion status which was there first problem
3.Transfer of powers were given to people of subcontinent
4.biggest problem(according to me) was of bad relations b/w hindus and muslims and this was solved as they both were now free to do anything they want in their seprate homeland
5.Muslims were now free from the tyrannic rule of hindus
There could be more reasons excluding i gave above and at last give the concluding paragraph :D hope it helps bt seriously where did u find that question in past papers if u found it before the year 2000 no need to learn it but if the question comes then u might write in pattern i gave above

Reaction score
@angel of darkness....this question appeared in my end of year exam in 9th class. Dont know if it came in past papers:)!

Waisey...have u done o levels?

Reaction score
no im currently doing it :) :D and was the answer helpfull if it was then dont forget to hit the thanks button

Reaction score
Well.....it was a tricky question to be honest. But believe me when it appeared in my mid years....I was kinda shocked!
So what I did was:

Wrote about the main details about 3rd june plan and how it affected the people of subcontinent. Also mentioned other attempts of that tym like 1945 elections, simla conference, direct action day and Cabinnet Mission Plan. And I also wrote about the affects of the mentioned attempts in solving the sub continent problems. In the end, though I wrote that 3rd june plan was successull for solving problems as it was unanimously accepted and was a solution to the probs of ppl of sub continent and hence...it can be said to be successful.
And mysteriously enough....I scored 11/14. So your method of answering is quite different. Dunno what to say:(!

Reaction score
well this question as i told u never came in past papers after year 2000 so basically i never wrote and answer to that question but i tried my best to help u and did what i thought was right may be what u wrote was better then mine we cant say anything ^_^