• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How to think through and excel in 9701 A Level chemistry MCQ

Reaction score
Hi all, as posted previously, just as a refresher for those who are checking out last minute revision for tomorrow's 9701 paper 1 mcq

Check out the topical mcq playlists which are great for your weak topics/areas and see variations in how questions have been asked of similar concepts.

Also, check out the yearly paper 1 tutorials, based on recent papers. I tend to score 39 out of 40 for most of them, and that is very often the case when students sit for a real MCQ, even the really good ones! It is all about phrasing, wording, taking care, but hey...I try my best...so check out the video descriptions on how I correct my errors! But the way I think out loud through problems, many students have enjoyed learning with me, and for me, that is great!

Don't be afraid of making mistakes while practising, at least you learn from them. Watch and learn from my tutorials (I am an Oxford MChem graduate, yet still make mistakes...I am also an experienced teacher with examining experience with Cambridge, so I know what I am talking about when I talk about common mistakes....).

Subscribe and share my channel with friends, group chats, juniors/seniors from school etc please, if you benefit from my work. Hopefully they can help many more students in need. None of the contents are paid, so do not be fooled into paying for any of these materials, to which I hold no copyright of, only Cambridge does...

Reaction score
even if you dont know HOW to prepare for mcq, keep doing the papers and make note of mistakes and stuff you didtnt know or wanna remember and eventually it'll stick bcs the human brain hangs onto faults more than the stuff you know