• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

I need to know the way to be humorous

Reaction score
Actually I am a Pakistani. I had spent my one year studying privately. Due to this I am not sociable, i mean I am not humorous with people. I try to be, but unfortunately always fail to be so. Sometimes I tell jokes to my school friends but they still don't laugh at it. I guess its because the way I tell them is not a humorous one. Can you please suggest me what to do regarding this matter? I mean how to attract my friends by being humorous. I want most of the answers from Pakistanis. Because I am Pakistani, my friends are Pakistanis and

so those who are Pakistanis in this forum would certainly have a best answer regarding this matter. Sorry for those foreigners who are offended. I don't mean to hurt you people. But if you still want to suggest me you are most welcome then!!!

Thanks a lot guys!!

Reaction score
I thought I was the only one who wasn't sociable. I have also been studying privately for exactly 1 year and haven't seen the face of any school during that time, but my old friends are still the same with me. They laugh at my jokes just like they used to.
I can only give you advice. Just try to be yourself and don't show off or try to act as if you know more than you actually do. Don't try to act cool 'cause that's seriously uncool. And attracting friends by being humorous isn't a good way. You should just try seek what's common between the others and yourself.

Hope that helps. :)

Reaction score
You are right shahroz. But I want to be humorous. its not for my friends , its for myself. i mean i love to be humorous. i want to be a jokey person. So can you tell me the way to be like that?

Reaction score
And yeah one more think. After studying privately for one year, I got admission in a school which was new to me. i mean I was a new student. At that time everyone in my class had their own friends and there was no one i could find who had no friend at all. so now you see how lonely could i have been feeling.Its not that my class mates don't talk to me. They do talk to me, but they are not attracted to me.
Look shahroz, I have heard that being sociable is a good thing. That is what our Islam recommends to we Muslims too. Am I right?

Reaction score
well,
all i have to say is there's no way to be humorous. Humour is the way you interpret the situations so if you find urslf in some confusing or troubling situation try to take out something funny out of it. And being only humourous does not add up to friensds; be wat u are cuz if there is sumthing artifical about u, ppl can like u but if there is sumthing natural abt u, ppl will love you.Even i dnt hve dat much best friends in class but thats ok...right ppl are there as friends for every1...so probably i might get many and better or even the best friends in college....so dnt worry..!!

Reaction score
Oh thanks there. Its good to hear that you are in college, because I have always been thinking that in this forum there are only students of age 14 above. Well your advice was quite right. I think I should be myself.
By the way may I know your good name?

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum!!
once sumbody told me...to make gud friends..accept people as they are..then with time when u build up a gud relationship..u can then try to mould them..in the sense that correct them if they r doing smthng wrong

btw it took me years to make best friend...at present the school i'm...i joined it in grade 3..now i'm in A1...and in 10th i think i made a gud friend ..b4 that although i had friends..but thy kept on changing!! :p so it happens :p

Reaction score
shahlakh, Islam does recommend us to be sociable. But I think that Ghalya001 is right. I'm not funny or humorous at all. My classmates were once shocked when I cracked a joke. They all expected me to be serious guy but they all liked me. So you don't have to be a jokey person to be yourself.

Reaction score
I think you people are right. So thanks guys for your pleasant advice. So now i would try my best to be myself and don't care for my class mates, but only care what i really do.