• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Is IELTS needed to given if O Level English is Given?

Reaction score
Hello People. I have recently completed my CIE O Levels. I Got an A (85) in English Language. Now if I apply for International Universities after my A Levels, Do I need to sit for IELTS or TOFEL examination, or only giving SAT is enough? Thanks in Advance.

Reaction score
YES. It is necessary to give the IELTS or TOEFL because they are English Language proficiency examinations that asses your practical lingual abilities.

Reaction score
Yes you will be required to take IELTS or TOEFL. Even I have been getting training at the ielts chandigarh institute. It is extremely beneficial for me to get the training from the reputed institute because the staff is extremely talented and they are preparing from scratch and I have been doing very good growth!

Reaction score
Hello People. I have recently completed my CIE O Levels. I Got an A (85) in English Language. Now if I apply for International Universities after my A Levels, Do I need to sit for IELTS or TOFEL examination, or only giving SAT is enough? Thanks in Advance.
Hey, I actually say otherwise. If you have an A in English O levels then you might actually be given an exemption from submitting any more English proficiency tests. Most universities in Singapore and Hong Kong, as I have been looking, have several different tests through which they assess your English proficiency. For instance, they consider 590 and above in SAT reading and writing a good enough score. Minimum of a C in o and/or A levels Cambridge etc. I'd suggest you specifically look into the criteria for your colleges, maybe even contact them for further clarity.