• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Is it SAT or SATs?

Reaction score
Hi,

I am the father of a 10 year old boy in Israel and we are hoping to come to the USA next year. I am preparing my child for their SATs but what is the difference between "SAT" and "SATs"?

I found a website that contained lots of sats papers (sats-papers.co.uk) that has helped me with my son but are they the same as the "SAT" papers I often hear about in films?!

Sorry if I sound a little silly!

Reaction score
Sorry, this might be late. But the website you posted are for the British curriculum. These are given at the end of grade 1 (Year 2) and grade 5 (Year 6).
The SAT that you often here about in films are required for admission in American Universities. These are given by High school students as an entrance exam for universities to study an undergraduate degree.

I don't think your son will have to give any one of the SATs you mentioned as you guys are not going to the UK, or he is 10 years old. He is not applying to Uni. If you need more help, don't be afraid to ask me for help :)

Reaction score
Sorry, this might be late. But the website you posted are for the British curriculum. These are given at the end of grade 1 (Year 2) and grade 5 (Year 6).
The SAT that you often here about in films are required for admission in American Universities. These are given by High school students as an entrance exam for universities to study an undergraduate degree.

I don't think your son will have to give any one of the SATs you mentioned as you guys are not going to the UK, or he is 10 years old. He is not applying to Uni. If you need more help, don't be afraid to ask me for help :)
Is it compulsory to give SATs fr getting admission in US or canadian unis?

Reaction score
For US, it is compulsory to give SAT. For Canada, it depends on your high school curriculum. Feel free to pm me for more info :).