• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Is the Barron's CD useful?

Reaction score
HEY! i'm preparing for my subject SATs and i want to buy a barrons book! however i see that there are two books, one with a CD and other without the CD! I read that the CD consists of two timed test.. So i'm wondering if its really useful, since the price difference between the book with CD and without CD is considerable! PLS HELP!

Reaction score
Hello Princess,
By personal experience, You're better off buying the book without the CD, it'll cost around 500 less.
Barron's tests are harder than the actual SAT and won't prepare you for the real SAT that well. If you really want practice, solve SAT past papers or buy the College Board's SAT guide (blue book) which has 10 practice tests, these practice tests closely resemble the actual SAT and will prepare you well.
In short, NEVER buy a book for the practice test, prepare only with the actual tests or College Board's Practice tests. Finally, the CD is useless anyway because it's difficult to take the SAT exam on a computer.