• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

islamiat p1 q1 and p2 q1

Reaction score
I am giving islamiat, pak studies, urdu in may/june 2011
1.In the paper 2, what is the possibility for the no 3, 5, 8,10 ahadith to come in the q.1 as they have not been asked in the past four sessions for the new syllabus, and the other ahadith have never been repeated.
2.In the paper 1, for question 1, is it safe to leave out the 3rd theme(Allah's relationship with messengers) because three of the five passages of this theme have been asked in the last session i.e. oct,nov.
3.My general question is that does cie asks questions on topics previously asked in the last session.for example will questions come in may/june 2011 from topics already asked in ovt/nov, 2010.
Thanks in advance. :)

Reaction score
If you really want to leave some Surahs and hadiths then just leave two hadiths and one surah as there is a choice to do two hadiths from four and a choice of two surahs from three.

for your first question i think the possibility of those hadiths coming is pretty high but dont forget you can be tricked as most people will leave the previous hadiths which have come so cie might decide to give those hadiths again but this happens really once in a blue moon.

for your third ques the answer is same that it may or may not come but yes 60% of the times they do not give those topics again especially after they gave it in oct/nov session.you cant predict whats going to come then whats the use of giving an exam.

for ques two I dont think so you really should leave it out just leave a single surah the one which you find really hard.

get two or three good books and from them compile together the surahs and hadiths in your own words by doing this you can learn your own words easily and you will feel easy to differentiate between other surahs and hadiths.And also you will not have to read the book again and again!!!!!!:)

Also for making your own notes use the marking scheme of the previous years as they clearly mark out the themes on which your surah should be based BUT REMEMBER TO ONLY USE THOSE MS WHICH WERE WRITTEN AFTER THE SYLLABUS CHANGE SO YOU WILL ONLY FIND MS FOR A LIMITED SURAHS .DONT GO FOR THE ONES BEFORE THE SYLLABUS CHANGE OR YOU WILL GET CONFUSED AS THE QUESTION WAS DIFFERENT TO WHAT WE GET KNOW.

YOU ARE WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
I think we can safely leave out 10 hadith and 5 surahs. Do tell me if I am wrong.

The surahs are under three categories:
1) Allah in himself
2) Allah's relation with the created world
3) Allah's messengers

We have three surahs in which we have to do two of em. The three surahs are from each of the categories. So I think we can safely leave one category i.e. 5 surahs.

About Hadith, there are two categories:
1) Individual Conduct
2) Life in community

We get four hadith and we have to do two of em, two hadith come from each category, so similarly we can also leave one category that is 10 hadith

Reaction score
We have three surahs in which we have to do two of em. The three surahs are from each of the categories. So I think we can safely leave one category i.e. 5 surahs.
i think all the three passages come from a single category e.g. 3 surahs from the third category, then next session 3 from a different category.correct me if im wrong.

Reaction score
shezi1995 said:
i think all the three passages come from a single category e.g. 3 surahs from the third category, then next session 3 from a different category.correct me if im wrong.

I think somebody should clear this matter up,
Well in either ways, we can safely leave 5 surahs by leaving the category already asked in the previous paper.

I would really like if somebody is sure about this that whether the three surahs in the paper are from same category or from different categories.

Reaction score
Why do you people want to leave surahs and hadiths cant you make your own notes and get them checked from a teacher that would b e better instead of losing all 8 marks in both papers if CIE surprises you by giving surahs and hadiths from different categories.But who am i tell you the choice is yours.decide the matter yourself but if you ask me that if i would leave any of the surahs or hadiths i would say yes but i would only leave 1 surah and two hadiths :)

Reaction score
It's not about leaving, it's about prioritising them.
But
If we can safely leave 5 surah and 10 hadith, I dont see any reason learning them as well.

P.S: I said "safely", if there is a little scent of risk in it, I did rather learn all.

Reaction score
Assalamo Alaikum Guys!

well a lot of queries i came across about q1 of both the papers. and same a lots of confusion. for this purpose i have posted two things on my blog i hope this will satisfy u.

http://islamiat4olevels.blogspot.com/2010/09/quranic-passages-frequently-asked.html

http://islamiat4olevels.blogspot.com/2011/01/ahadis-frequently-asked-questions.html

Best Regards
Ali Asad
http://islamiat4olevels.blogspot.com

Reaction score
Why do people leave the topics ? Seriously guys you still have the time and you should prepare yourself for anything! Don't go for suggested papers and don't leave out anything !! Free Advice :D

Reaction score
yES BUT THERE ARE SOME PEOPLE WHO INFACT DO THIS EVEN WITH THE TIME THEY HAVE.:D

Reaction score
I was just asking. I wont really leave anything as its too risky.And besides that the whole point of education will be gone if we do that. We will be like studying only to get grades and not education or knowledge.But thank you all for clearing up my mind.