• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Medical student.. Inter or A levels?

Reaction score
Salam everyone! im an o levels student doing with biology. i want to go for medical in future, so the thing that troubles me, is that what should i do? Inter or a levels? of course i want to go to a government medical university, and i cant afford a private one. All my friends are on the engineering and commerce side, so they are going to do A levels, the reason why im distracted and also wanna go with them to an A levels college. but i know that my future is more important. im very bad at making decisions. Someone please guide me right, and do motivate me as well, so i remain firm on whatever decison im gonna make! Jazak Allah!!

Reaction score
Salam everyone! im an o levels student doing with biology. i want to go for medical in future, so the thing that troubles me, is that what should i do? Inter or a levels? of course i want to go to a government medical university, and i cant afford a private one. All my friends are on the engineering and commerce side, so they are going to do A levels, the reason why im distracted and also wanna go with them to an A levels college. but i know that my future is more important. im very bad at making decisions. Someone please guide me right, and do motivate me as well, so i remain firm on whatever decison im gonna make! Jazak Allah!!
People usually say that for Medicine you should do FSc, but it's really your choice. If you do FSc, it'll be easier to get into a good medical college. If you do A levels, it will be a little harder. The disadvantage of A levels is that during equivalence, you lose a LOT of marks.

Reaction score
People usually say that for Medicine you should do FSc, but it's really your choice. If you do FSc, it'll be easier to get into a good medical college. If you do A levels, it will be a little harder. The disadvantage of A levels is that during equivalence, you lose a LOT of marks.

YOU DO NOT DO NOT LOSE MARKS
Ive ben through the process

please read this (and spread the word)
http://www.xtremepapers.com/community/attachments/mbbs-guide-pptx.19001/

Its just that Olevel grades are very very very important (even more so than alevel grades) during equivalences

Reaction score
salam

okay first thing

If you want to do medicine in pakistan, then u need to have all A or A* in olevels. The reason is that Olevel marks are very very important. They contribute both to SSC and also to HSSC equivalences.

http://www.xtremepapers.com/community/attachments/mbbs-guide-pptx.19001/

read this

I did my alevels and im in allama iqbal medical college in lahore. If u have any query, feel free to ask

Thankyou!! The MBBS guide was a real help to me! One more thing.. i have 10 subjects in O levels. For equivalence, will they consider all my 10 subjects or just 8 subjects?

Reaction score
I am very very confused plz tell me enter is better or a levels for medical students??????????
It depends on a lot of stuff....like whether ur going for gov medical colleges or private ones...but personally, i believe inter is better coz at least then u dont have to worry about equivalencies and its better to get into the pakistani system now after o'levels than later
The downside is evrything is waay different than what we as o'level students are accustomed to.......believe me, i speak from my own personal experience.....its quite a shock really and u ll need a lot of time to adjust.....unfortunately exams dont wait......and the worst part of switching over is that u ll need marks, and a lot of those precious marks are lost in the first year exams while u r still adjusting.....
anyways....i ve written quite the story in response...feel free to contact me if u hv further questions (which u no doubt will ;)) and i ll try to help as much as i can........

Reaction score
I am very very confused plz tell me enter is better or a levels for medical students??????????
I know at least 12 people in my batch who did alevels and.are.studying.in KE, Allama iqbal and Sims.

What are ur.Olevel grades?
if they are all A and A*, then do Alevels

If your olevels graded are not.good, then you can think about inter (if you dont want to take a gap year and improve ur olevels that is)

But do consult again