• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

need help with CIE intl Further Maths

Reaction score
ive been self studying this subject since the beginning of november and ive finished the first 4 chapters. Its been pretty clear on what and what not to study, but its gets a little confusing for the prerequisites for the 5th . it says i should be able to differentiate parametric curves, and that for some of the examples, you need to know pure 3 trigonometry from normal math. the differentiation chapter also has finding the derivative of the natural exponential function, which draws from the logarithms chapter, so im a little confused on how much i should study as a prerequisite for the polar coordinates chapter. i plan on doing integration later, and just doing differentiation for now. should i study chapters 2, 3, and 4 or just the ending of 4 (differentiating parametric curves)?

Last edited:
Reaction score
ive been self studying this subject since the beginning of november and ive finished the first 4 chapters. Its been pretty clear on what and what not to study, but its gets a little confusing for the prerequisites for the 5th . it says i should be able to differentiate parametric curves, and that for some of the examples, you need to know pure 3 trigonometry from normal math. uno online is interesting. the differentiation chapter also has finding the derivative of the natural exponential function, which draws from the logarithms chapter, so im a little confused on how much i should study as a prerequisite for the polar coordinates chapter. i plan on doing integration later, and just doing differentiation for now. should i study chapters 2, 3, and 4 or just the ending of 4 (differentiating parametric curves)?
I think you should acquire the prerequisite knowledge needed for the polar coordinates chapter.