• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

New to A-Levels (Please Help!)

Reaction score
Question. 1
Actually I am taking a level as a private candidate, with follow subjects (Pakistan):
1. Computing (9691)
2. Mathematics (9709)
3. Economics (9708)
Plus I am confused with the combination I made? is this be good for to take admission in "Software engineering" in future? or suggest me some?

Question. 2
What is the difference between A levels & As Level?

Question. 3
Can I complete my A Levels in one year? if yes? what would be the syllabus for it?

Question. 4
The subjects I choose have practicals or something to sit for?

Question. 5
Where to prepare for practicals? & what is Carried Forward?

Reaction score
Question. 1
Actually I am taking a level as a private candidate, with follow subjects (Pakistan):
1. Computing (9691)
2. Mathematics (9709)
3. Economics (9708)
Plus I am confused with the combination I made? is this be good for to take admission in "Software engineering" in future? or suggest me some?

Question. 2
What is the difference between A levels & As Level?

Question. 3
Can I complete my A Levels in one year? if yes? what would be the syllabus for it?

Question. 4
The subjects I choose have practicals or something to sit for?

Question. 5
Where to prepare for practicals? & what is Carried Forward?
1) Yes, you can take that line.
2) As level is said A1 and A level as A2, So As are exams for 11th and A are exams for 12th :D And if u give AS levels, you should give A levels too :D
3)Syllabus is available, type "syllabus *subjectname,code* For As level/Alevel. You can complete it it one year by giving As in m/j and A in O/n, but its two year course, as u have less subjects u can give in o/c for A levels :)
4)As level dont have, A level have, Not in maths. Idk about Eco :(
5)Go to near by computer classes with your syllabus :D
Hope I helped you :)

Reaction score
1) Yes, you can take that line.
2) As level is said A1 and A level as A2, So As are exams for 11th and A are exams for 12th :D And if u give AS levels, you should give A levels too :D
3)Syllabus is available, type "syllabus *subjectname,code* For As level/Alevel. You can complete it it one year by giving As in m/j and A in O/n, but its two year course, as u have less subjects u can give in o/c for A levels :)
4)As level dont have, A level have, Not in maths. Idk about Eco :(
5)Go to near by computer classes with your syllabus :D
Hope I helped you :)
Thank's man! :)