• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

NUMCAT OR MCAT IN KIPS?

Reaction score
I am an alevels student.I want to join kips.I plan on giving both the NET and the UHS entry test,But i can't decide whether to join NUMCAT session or MCAT? Which one is better? Time left for NET is really less,so should I prepare for NET by myself and join the Mcat session? Or should i join NUMCAT?Also please tell me about the Maths component in ECAT.i want to give the engineering test too! How should i prepare for maths?Help please!

Reaction score
I am an alevels student.I want to join kips.I plan on giving both the NET and the UHS entry test,But i can't decide whether to join NUMCAT session or MCAT? Which one is better? Time left for NET is really less,so should I prepare for NET by myself and join the Mcat session? Or should i join NUMCAT?Also please tell me about the Maths component in ECAT.i want to give the engineering test too! How should i prepare for maths?Help please!
In the NUMCAT class, they conduct tests for second year and teach first year like really fast. It gets difficult at times coz you have tests to prepare everyday and the daily lectures to self-study for too. Test conducted are of two chapters from any subject. And that means about 60 pages of cramming the second year book, and usually we Alevels havent read half of that stuff before. So you may end up not being able to prepare for second year tests, and not preparing the first year stuff they teach too.
If you think you can manage learning all that stuff everyday, then NUMCAT by all means.
Ps. Sit in one class for 2 days and see if you can manage it. If you cant, you always have the option to transfer..

Reaction score
In the NUMCAT class, they conduct tests for second year and teach first year like really fast. It gets difficult at times coz you have tests to prepare everyday and the daily lectures to self-study for too. Test conducted are of two chapters from any subject. And that means about 60 pages of cramming the second year book, and usually we Alevels havent read half of that stuff before. So you may end up not being able to prepare for second year tests, and not preparing the first year stuff they teach too.
If you think you can manage learning all that stuff everyday, then NUMCAT by all means.
Ps. Sit in one class for 2 days and see if you can manage it. If you cant, you always have the option to transfer..

Thankyouu.So please tell me if I take the alevels MCAT session, will I be able to prepare for NET?or should i take NUMCAT? NUMCAT does seem tiring:/
and are you giving MCAT too this year?:)

Reaction score
Thankyouu.So please tell me if I take the alevels MCAT session, will I be able to prepare for NET?or should i take NUMCAT? NUMCAT does seem tiring:/
and are you giving MCAT too this year?:)
Yes I am.

If you take MCAT session, you will have to study the whole syllabus by yourself for NET because KIPS wont cover the whole syllabus by test dates.
Take what you can manage. If your priority is MCAT, then NUMCAT does seem like too much. That is if you're applying to NUST just to be on safe side.
If NUST is your priority, get into NUMCAT, and spend yourself on that prep this whole month..

I have heard that its very difficult for Alevels students to get into AMC NUST, coz they have like whole books and you cant cram them in a month, the way FSc students have done them over the year. I dont know if thats true or just said by someone who failed to score a seat there..