• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Olevels Urdu (need advice) 🚨

Reaction score
Hi! So basically I'm an Urdu A student (since O1) and up till now, have given all my exams, assessments etc according to Urdu A syllabus and have scored really well. Due to certain circumstances, I feel the need to switch my subjects (posting this in Dec, 2023 and I'm in O3 rn so I have my Urdu cie in M/J 2024 series and my mids coming up literally next week).

Almost all my classmates have given Urdu B examinations in 2023 Oct/Nov series and the ones who were doing Urdu A, recently dropped it too because of the pressure. Moreover, I feel like Urdu A is highly reliant on rote-method of revision, so while I have satisfactory school grades in Urdu A at the moment, I don't want the endless revision of tankeedi/fikri fanni jaizas, specific author questions etc to become a hassle in the path of the other five subjects I have to give next year.

As I'm considering Urdu B as an option, can someone (who's giving Urdu B exam in M/J 2024) guide me on the new syllabus of Urdu B and any tips and tricks + resources I can use since there isn't much practice material on the new syllabus?

Reaction score
Hi i am an Urdu A syllabus student. Do u have any notes or anything that u can share for urdu a?

Reaction score
I am also an urdu A student, i would recommend using the book 'Khayaban-e-urdu' for syllabus A notes since it has all the refrences and possible questions' answers.
O-Level-Khayaban-Urdu-reference-Book.png

Reaction score
Hi i am an Urdu A syllabus student. Do u have any notes or anything that u can share for urdu a?
Hi! I used the material (answers) that my Urdu teacher provided and mixed it with my own personal notes. For the former, I used the answers from the Anwar Waleed book as instructed by school. For my own notes, I made use of Urdu A YouTube channels. I would definitely recommend checking out Khalida Zafar on YouTube. Her explanation videos are absolute gems. There was another channel that I used for my personal notes but unfortunately they took down almost all their videos recently.

Reaction score
I
I am also an urdu A student, i would recommend using the book 'Khayaban-e-urdu' for syllabus A notes since it has all the refrences and possible questions' answers.
O-Level-Khayaban-Urdu-reference-Book.png
I'm also doing Urdu A and I really wanted to know how y'all write ghazal questions like do u add a lot of references? Im really shitty at memorizing ash'ar and don't know what references to write according to the question Please also give me advice for the nasar part

Reaction score
I

I'm also doing Urdu A and I really wanted to know how y'all write ghazal questions like do u add a lot of references? Im really shitty at memorizing ash'ar and don't know what references to write according to the question Please also give me advice for the nasar part
Hi! (we meet again!)😂
According to what I've been taught they tell us to add at least three references. The questions are usually either about the content (ishqia shairi), the asloob (andaz e bayan) or the sayasi pehlu of the ghazliat, so you gotta see the references that relate to them. You could check out notes online, there are some of Ms Nazneen which are pretty good. (Other than that I ain't that good at Urdu so that's all). You can use these too. I have my exam in a week wish me luck (my turn to say that 💀)

Reaction score
Hi! (we meet again!)😂
According to what I've been taught they tell us to add at least three references. The questions are usually either about the content (ishqia shairi), the asloob (andaz e bayan) or the sayasi pehlu of the ghazliat, so you gotta see the references that relate to them. You could check out notes online, there are some of Ms Nazneen which are pretty good. (Other than that I ain't that good at Urdu so that's all). You can use these too. I have my exam in a week wish me luck (my turn to say that 💀)
THANK YOU YOU ARE A GODSEND