• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

one quick question

Reaction score
i am an engineering student and i have just given my as level exams do i have to give SAT I or just SAT II in both the cases i.e staying here or going abroad .please explain :unknown:

Reaction score
SATs are required only by the universities of USA. If you are intending to apply there, then you better give SAT. Otherwise, only a few other universities around the globe require it, and no local university of Pakistan except NUST, that requires SAT2, have SAT as part of their admission process.

Reaction score
after IGCSE's if i did not do A levels but instead took SAT 1 and 2 , then will it be possible for me to go to any universty in USA or Canada

thank you very much for the help

Reaction score
lol! NO. You need a higher secondary education or a pre university course of that last for a year or two inorder to be eligible for entrance into the universities anywhere in the world. The result of your A'levels is as important as the SAT. Without A'levels or a high school diploma, SAT doesn't even matters.

Reaction score
hamidali391 said:
lol! NO. You need a higher secondary education or a pre university course of that last for a year or two inorder to be eligible for entrance into the universities anywhere in the world. The result of your A'levels is as important as the SAT. Without A'levels or a high school diploma, SAT doesn't even matters.

but i heard that people can apply with their IGCSE's results and lots of people have done that and one of my frined is also accepted in Dubai american university with only IGCSE's and IELTS

Reaction score
You can apply with your IGCSE result, but the acceptance is conditional. You have to complete your A'levels and get the required grades before you can get in. If he got in without even studying a day in A'levels, then he got into a preuniversity course and not his bachelors.

Reaction score
alright so what is this preuniversity course is it availabe for anyone who has done great in SAT's TOEFLS and and good in IGCSE's but very bad in A levels

thanks for your answer
wish you success