• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies HELP!!!

Reaction score
hello im apperaing for pakistan studies this year
Will someone be so kind to tell me how to attemp the following question
Q.How Sucessful has Pakistan been in its relations with India between 1947-1999?
{14 marks}
nd another question is there some rule that in 14 marks question we have to give 8 statements or something???
your help will be appreciated
Thank You :D

Reaction score
Hi there! well i have very little time so i will explain you how to solve the question. For example we can take a question like
Q) Were the Gandhi Jinnah talks the most important factor that led to the partition of India in 1947? Explain your answer.[14]
Well in this question you will explain Gandhi Jinnah talks for 1-9 marks then you will write about other factors example Lahore resolution, Cabinet Mission, Simla Conference (note yyou have to describe 2 other factors for 1-4 marks) In the end give your opinion and there you have your last mark of level 5.
For the second Question you have to write a success between two countries relation then failure and write so on and in the end give you opinion. hope it helped you. :D :cool:

Reaction score
Yup just as @salmanpakrocks mentioned in answer pretty correctly but i want to make it clear that for a question on relations and specifically for questions relating a time period like your question,you should mention both sides of the issue like the successes and the failures and write the statement whether it was a successful or a failed type of relation.

THERE IS NO hard and fast or a FIXED RULE, WHATEVER THE QUESTION ASK YOU PROVIDE BUT YOULL GET MORE AND MORE EXPERIENCE IF YOU KEEP PRACTICING PAST PAPERS AND LOOKING AT THE MARKING SCHEMES YOU ARE BOUND TO KNOW HOW TO ANSWER A PARTICULAR QUESTION...

Reaction score
Thanks Scouserlfc! :) btw I have answer the Question please do check them! and gave me some more! :D

Reaction score
thank you for your answer
so like in the question i asked
do i have to give like 3 to 4 events in seperate paragraphs
or like one paragraph for success and an other for failure???

Reaction score
One paragraph of Success and other of failure !! Remember The question in which SUCCESSFUL or these kinds of words are used u have to answer it in this way !! hope this clears up everything !! :)