• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
AOA
Can any one answer this question ??
Q1)why did General Musharraf took control in 1999 ?? [7]

Reaction score
Re: Pakistan Studies Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well lets see this question mostly i have very less knowledge about this as very little of it is described in any books.Its mainly written in Nigel Smith but i was thinking of finding something on wikipedia and here is what i came up with,

A.1.well basically Musharaff took over mainly for personal veto and the armies revenge,after the decision in kargil where the army was told to give up the land it gained there and sharif blamed him for this but the general said it was the decision of the prime misnister and hatred was seen between the two when sharif tried to sack the general by not allowing him to return to pakistan when he was away at Srilanka.

2. He accused the Prime Minister of leading the country to a political, economic and security abyss and of attempting to fragment and politicise the military institution in order to satisfy his hunger for power,therefore he wanted to remove this type of leader and gain power himself.

3. the American statement issued on 22 September 1999, which warns against thinking about toppling the elected government, and which calls for the concept of peaceful succession to power to be firmly instilled, gave a clear indication that the days of Nawaz Sharif in power had become numbered.So it was inevitable that a ruler might remove The existing PM from power.

You might like to read this article. http://english.hizbuttahrir.org/index.p ... -musharraf

I dont know really if this answer is correct as there is very little matter in any books and if you search online you find irrelevant stuff so if this question comes in the CIE paper i would definately leave it and do other questions. :)

Reaction score

Yeah this was the only question which i didnot attempt and yeah it is also in the syllabus !!

Reaction score

NOw you tell me,will you do this question when it comes i would never do it,since its a new topic and there is very little relevant matter for the answer.

Reaction score

Well it depends! As i previously told you that i m good in Section 3 and I will do Question 4 and 5 along with 1,2 or 3rd Question.

Reaction score

I PRETTY MUCH LOVE SECTION 1 AND 2 SO IF QUESTION COMES FROM THERE I WOULD REALLY DO THESE QUESTIONS BUT AS I HATE POLITICS OF ALL TIME AND SEC 3 I WONT DO THOSE QUESTION.BUT THIS DOES NOT BY ANY MEANS TELL U THAT IM WEAK AT SEC 3 . :D ;)

Reaction score

HEY I JUST WANNA GET YOUR VIEW ON THIS QUESTION.ARE CIE EXAMINERS FOR LIKE ISLAMIAT PAPER OF O'LEVEL ARE THEY LIKE MUSLIMS OR ARE THEY OF SOME OTHER RELIGION.IM JUST CURIOUS ABOUT THIS.WANNA KNOW IT.THANKS

Reaction score

it doesnt matterz wether they r muslimz r not..........they just need to have a degree in islamic studies.......n british nationality........

Reaction score

okay then atleast they have correct knowledge then :p ;) :) :D :cool:

Reaction score

They are Muslims Scholars which have British nationality !! :)

Reaction score

COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score

Dr.Thomas who wrote the Islamiat book is the Chief Examiner of Islamiat paper!! :)