• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

PERCENTILE ABOLISHED????

Reaction score
HEY i recently wrote to british council info center abouth the percentile system and their Grade scaling here is the reply i got
Dear Uzair

Thank you for writing again.

Please refer to the attached document 'A Guide to additional results reporting June 2010' prepared by the Cambridge International Examination board for information on Grade A*/A, percentage uniform marks and grading scale as percentile system is not being used anymore.

I hope you will find this guide helpful regarding your query.

Should you require further assistance, do not hesitate to write back.

To avoid a delay in reply, please make sure to attach previous correspondence.

Regards

Komal Khan
Assistant Information Centre Officer
British Council Information Centre
Pakistan

in this mail its written percentile system is not being used anymore so does that mean its abolished???

Reaction score
AnGeL.Of.DaRkNeSs said:
HEY i recently wrote to british council info center abouth the percentile system and their Grade scaling here is the reply i got
Dear Uzair

Thank you for writing again.

Please refer to the attached document 'A Guide to additional results reporting June 2010' prepared by the Cambridge International Examination board for information on Grade A*/A, percentage uniform marks and grading scale as percentile system is not being used anymore.

I hope you will find this guide helpful regarding your query.

Should you require further assistance, do not hesitate to write back.

To avoid a delay in reply, please make sure to attach previous correspondence.

Regards

Komal Khan
Assistant Information Centre Officer
British Council Information Centre
Pakistan

in this mail its written percentile system is not being used anymore so does that mean its abolished???

Post that document here!!!

Reaction score
Here is the prove from document that percentile system is still there :

If a student achieves 100 percentage uniform
marks, did they achieve full marks?
Not necessarily. It is possible for a student to achieve
100 percentage uniform marks without achieving full
marks on the question papers.

I think u hv understood!!!

Reaction score
they are using something similar to percentile i guess because it cant be possible for a student to aachieve full marks without it just like @ doctormani said.

Reaction score
scouserlfc said:
they are using something similar to percentile i guess because it cant be possible for a student to aachieve full marks without it just like @ doctormani said.

Ya u r crct.... they r calling percentage but applying percentile :)

Reaction score
My teacher said its here !! she had attended the CIE workshop or something and says its there !!

Reaction score
See so just request everyone to stop raising this rumour as it doesnt do any good to us so stop it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :p

Reaction score
All the duds...I think we should try to focus on an A* nd not Percentile nd bla bla stuff

@ Angel Of Darkness: The document u submitted contains information on Percentage Uniform thing nd If i'm not wrong(correct me if i am) thts not related to the percentile system...as it is written that the person NOT getting full marks can get 100 which means thts just a " range of marks " tht would be given just for Precise Assessment...

We're gonna get paid accordingly for what we perform...Do your prep. nd leave the rest on ALLAH (swt)....InshALLAH we all will be through with A*s :)

Reaction score
Evilpro said:
All the duds...I think we should try to focus on an A* nd not Percentile nd bla bla stuff

@ Angel Of Darkness: The document u submitted contains information on Percentage Uniform thing nd If i'm not wrong(correct me if i am) thts not related to the percentile system...as it is written that the person NOT getting full marks can get 100 which means thts just a " range of marks " tht would be given just for Precise Assessment...

We're gonna get paid accordingly for what we perform...Do your prep. nd leave the rest on ALLAH (swt)....InshALLAH we all will be through with A*s :)
totally agree with you !! :mrgreen: