• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

PERINNEAL CANALS GEOGRAPHY

Reaction score
Can anyone please tell me that are perinneal canals cemented or not and if they are cemented then how come they cause water logging cause water cannot pass through cement.... in some notes it is written perinneal canals are the canals that are cemented and provide water throughout the year... please QUICK!!!

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Perennial Canals are those canals taken out from the reservoirs of the dams and contain water throughout the year. They Can be or cannot be cemented. If Not Cemented only then they cause Waterlogging, otherwise not.

Reaction score
Usmam i think u r reading junaid akhter notes .my advice is not to read it .read marking scheme and examiner report

Reaction score
PERENNIAL Canals are those connected to dams and barrages and so provide water throghout the year....

It isn't necessary that they are cemented.

Reaction score
yeah saud islam... i am... thnxxx guyzzzzzzz
other notes r gud of JA right??

Reaction score
Perrenial Canals cause waterlogging and salinity whether they are cemented or not.

This is because the rate of evaporation and precipitation are no more equal. The rate of precipitation and evaporation use to be equal when inundation canals were used because they only use to give water in rainy but with perrenial canals you can get water throughout the year that means when precipitation will take place the water table will rise.

Use Fazle Karim to understand this concept more clearly !!