• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics approximation questions

Reaction score
can anyone help me in tackling these estimation and approx. ques???? such as the mass of a uranium nucleus. I simply dont know how to tackle them and I always chose the wrong option.

Reaction score
dude mass can be approximated....
as the nucleon no/ mass no of uranium is 235...
so multiply it with unified atomic mass given in data on 2nd papge of paper,.....
u will get the ans...

Reaction score
@princesszahra

Can you specify SOME please ??? Because these questions are the ones i cnstantly do wrong. Like the one posted by hamiz i took the amu of uranium as 200 and got the wrong ans -.- .!!!
There has been so many questions about these approximations.. like diameter of an alpha particle and syllabus has failed me.. it mentions nothing about this :(( please any help would be apprciated :)

Reaction score
OK
diameter of a nucleus is 10^-12
size of an atom is 10^-9
then mass of an apple is 300 g
mass of a ruler is approximately 30 g
anymore u need?
plz specify em!

Reaction score
no!
come on go to the market once get ur grocery@
and weigh everything u have neaarby
including urself
hahaa i know thats funny but i am serious! :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :roll: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Reaction score
these values have a greater chance of being rightly guessed if they are asked in p2 as they specify a range of values for each answer. But wat abt p1, you just only have one choice..

Reaction score
hey princesszahra i saw some posts saying pm me... i dnt get em!! honestly i quite freaked out coz of da A-levels!! i dnt specially coz of chem!!

Reaction score
Its slved.. We r bound to do it wrong unless we go outside and weigh ourselves at the grocery shop ;)

Reaction score
lolz ... :-D
u jst need 2 have a gud approximation ability ...
which, unlucky, i guess non of us have ... :-(
xcpt 4 princesszahra ... ^o)