• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

PK.Studies History Help

Reaction score
Assalamualaikum. I'd like someone to help me out in this part.
- The impact of Sir Syed's work on the Muslims and the Western World.
This is in the syllabus, and there are two parts to it, I know the first part i.e. impact on Muslims, but would like some help on the second i.e. Western World.

My guess would be that the Western World began to look at the Muslims in a new light. They respected the followers of his works, and the Time Magazine called him, "The Prophet of Education". By improving his relations with the British, the British co-operated with him.

Your Help, as always, will be greatly appreciated. :D

Reaction score
bt i thnk ths type of quest has never cme in da pastpaers...........

Reaction score
Yeah. I am aware of that. But you never know. Plus, its good to have a bit of background knowledge u know? :D
It could be a potential answer to a question like, What was the importance of his work. etc. :D

Reaction score
look,
the western world was luking at the muslims as real trouble makers and the ones for starting the warr, as the british had projected it. Sir Syed's work brought it to dem that not all muslims were involved in war against british but many like himself, had saved lives of lots of british families during that time. Plus, his works related to the causes of war helped to clarify that not only muslims but hindus and british were equally responsible for the revolt(Risala-e-asbab-e-bagawat-e-hind). In this way, he helped to clarify many of the misunderstandings b/w the muslims and british and told the ppl over seven seas wat actually happened and how the govt. was projecting the whole issue.He hoped this wud help gain support 4 muslims living under miserable conditions and india.
hope this helps..!!

Reaction score
Thnx alot Ghalya. I was actually expecting a quite different answer, cuz this seems like an answer to the impact of his work on British. But Yeah, I think British would be all that counts in the "Western World", cuz at that time, America and Stuff didn't care about us.

Reaction score
The answer to the question is:

1.Sir syeds main ambition and belief was that the muslim relations with the british and western world should be good if they are to prosper
2.Sir syed carried out his belief by writing the Causes of the Indian Revolt (ASBAB E BAGHAWAT E HIND) TO tell that the muslim were not the only one responsible for the war.
3.Sir syed wrote the LOYAL MOHAMMEDANS OF INDIA TO TELL THE BRITISH THAT NOT ALL MUSLIMS WERE BITTER OF BRITISH POLICIES.He also cleared the british misconception about the word Nadarath which meant helper but the british thought this meant something bad.
4.The british did not know much about Islam and after seeing a contradicted copy of the prophets life he wrote the correct version and for the british to understand the religion of islam he wrote Taybin ul Kalam.
5.He took a tour of british university and was inspired by how good the system was and established his own school based on the british system and that type of education/ :D ;)

Well ya I also think that this question concerns the british as they were the only ones to listen to muslim demands. :)