• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pre-engineering

Reaction score
Heyy guys i have just done my olevels..and now i am really stuck in here..my aim is to do engineering..and people say do inter if u want admission in any respectable university..NED university has only around 15 seats for Alevel candidates and it would get a hell lot tough for me later on..that is why i need some good advices on what should i do..i m good at maths and physics so engineering would a be a good field for me..where as NUST and other private universities are really expensive..Please help i would be really grateful! :) :)

Reaction score
Inter has a lot of 'ratta'. A level deals with concepts. A level students are a lot better than inter students no doubt. Its true that there are few seats in NED for A level students but there are others universities like GIKI and NUST where there is no seat problems. However, because the admission test of these university are inter-based you will have to study extra after you complete your A level to cover up the subjects that are a part of Inter but not A level, like conics, differentiation of inverse functions, etc. You will have to take tuition of these topics.
If your main objective is to get into any university and go hell with all other stuff than do inter. But if you like studies and wants to understand what you are studying than do A level.

Reaction score
i think you can do 1 year inter but that will be private i guess. Also i am not sure if 1 year inter are accepted by all the eng universities. You better call the universities and ask them. They will give you a better hint.

Reaction score
well forget ned its of 3rd class standard these days look at there students.
well my advice to you study hard and give tests of giki and nust ,if you can get any aid in giki thats the best than you might be studying in best eng uni of pakistan for minute fee ,considering you are from sindh i guess u can only try for multi national scolorships,nust should be your second option nust fee sturture is better than giki and affordable try for scolorship there too ....lums too has nop program lums sse is also good if u can get into any of these than you are doing great God bless you

Reaction score
@damnpathan: u mean to say GIKI is more expensive? no man..nust is far more expensive..and i did not understand the multi national scholarships thingy..please elaborate it for me..and how do we attain scolarships dere?
@Destined007: i know a person who is doing inter privately but he is doing for commerce subjects..but will science subjects done privately be accepted? and i have heard NED's standard has fallen..is that true? :no: but can a average student do inter and alevels together? is it possible??

Reaction score
If you want to know whether universities accept private inter, best thing to do is to call the university. Just make a call to NED or whatever university you want to apply and ask them this question.
NED's standard has fallen indeed but it still far batter than the most engineering universities in Pakistan. After GIKI and NUST, i'll will place NED. 10 years back NEDian were considered as the best engineer in whole of south asia.
You can do inter and a level together, its possible, everything is possible. Question is; Will you be able to devote enough time on both? Its your to decide. A level and inter has many similar topics. There are some topics that are distinct in both, like conics in inter and applications in A level. Even if you do A levels only, with some extra effort you can still complete inter course for admissions test.

Reaction score
i dont much but i know many multinationals support giki students they give scolorships to giki students eg shell,unilever,engro etc ask giki admin....giki has about 60 scholorships for kpk and punjab students.....some are there for balochistan students but no for sindh so u can only apply for these multinational scolorships ....plus u can always get loan (Aid) from giki which is not that difficult but passing test is !

Reaction score
i dont think ned was extraordinary uni 10 years ago yes it was among top 5 in pakistan but now it is not, giki and nust(esp eme) campus are way ahead ...come on dude i am a nustain but i can say that giki is no 1 engineering uni in pakistan and if anyone can compete with it than its nust (Eme) ......the other campus of nust are far better than ned ,even uet lahore is better infact i will say even nust's worst campus pnec is better than ned .....ned needs to improve .....they should learn from giki ,now this institute has been nortured by dr aq khan and other top people...while ned by whom ???abul kalam who is not even a masters degree holder....and about nust i know for fact that ok even we dont have aq khan's vision that giki has but still nust is also being supported by country's army (best thing in this country is army) ned we want you to improve :)

Reaction score
@ damnpathan: u in nust? u had done alevels or inter? and yes Nust is the best engineering university in Pakistan. and thanks for the scholarship info
@ destined007: But many ppl say its completely useless to do both together. Its a simply waste of time it will lead to your fall of grades in both. And i am not a good time manager :(

Reaction score
Those people are right. See what i did is i completed my A level and then after giving A2 exams in June i started doing the inter topics that are not in A level. If you want i can give you the list of these? I guess this is the best thing to do. If you try to do inter topics yourself you might find it difficult, unless you are a good student. But no need to worry, there are many institutions that offer tuition, like Anees Hussain, especially for admission test..

Reaction score
I will be grateful if u do provide me with me with the list..and dudee..your help has been really helpful..thanks mate :)

Reaction score
yes i am nust graduate ,did fsc ....i gave giki and nust and passes nust but failed giki...i am just saying if u can afford the expenses and pass the horror test then go for giki its the best engineering uni in pakistan for bachelors ...nust should be ur second option though alevels students can pass giki and nust btw ...giki have lesser seats its tough for all to get in ...(Esp in ee and me) but nust can be aced by an alevel candidate :)

Reaction score
yes i am nust graduate ,did fsc ....i gave giki and nust and passes nust but failed giki...i am just saying if u can afford the expenses and pass the horror test then go for giki its the best engineering uni in pakistan for bachelors ...nust should be ur second option though alevels students can pass giki and nust btw ...giki have lesser seats its tough for all to get in ...(Esp in ee and me) but nust can be aced by an alevel candidate