• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

SAT INFORMATION NEEDED

Reaction score
Assalam-o-Alikum
I am planning to give sat 1 this summer.
I have about 3-4 months or even more,I have downloaded the resources available over here.
I wanted to ask how tough it is and what is the score i should be targeting, In my mind currently there is a score of something 2250-2300 would that be fine. Thank you

Reaction score
Assalam-o-Alikum
I have about 3-4 months or even more,I have downloaded the resources available over here.
I wanted to ask how tough it is and what is the score i should be targeting, In my mind currently there is a score of something 2250-2300 would that be fine. Thank you

You can't target a score before you do a practice test. Get a book (Princeton Review or the Official SAT Study Guide) and complete a practice test and see your score. 2250 is really difficult by the way. You can judge how tough it is by these tests. Personally, Maths is easy and there is no time management problem. The difficult things are completing a 2 page essay in 25 mins (practically very difficult, google alot of tips on this), the fact they have some fill-in-the-blank MCQs where the choices some words are present that you'll never ever study, comprehensions in very, very limited time. You also need an excellent grasp of Grammar otherwise you need work in the Writing Section.

If you found O Level Maths easy, you'll find SAT-I Maths incredibly easy.

There is no summer for the SAT (as in summer vacations) by the way. The next three sessions are on May, June and October. I'd recommend giving your first try in May or June (depending on whichever date is suitable and farther away from your final exams). http://sat.collegeboard.org/register/sat-international-dates Loads of time to adequately prepare yourself.

Reaction score
You can't target a score before you do a practice test. Get a book (Princeton Review or the Official SAT Study Guide) and complete a practice test and see your score. 2250 is really difficult by the way. You can judge how tough it is by these tests. Personally, Maths is easy and there is no time management problem. The difficult things are completing a 2 page essay in 25 mins (practically very difficult, google alot of tips on this), the fact they have some fill-in-the-blank MCQs where the choices some words are present that you'll never ever study, comprehensions in very, very limited time. You also need an excellent grasp of Grammar otherwise you need work in the Writing Section.

There is no summer for the SAT (as in summer vacations) by the way. The next three sessions are on May, June and October. I'd recommend giving your first try in May or June (depending on whichever date is suitable and farther away from your final exams). http://sat.collegeboard.org/register/sat-international-dates Loads of time to adequately prepare yourself.
Thank's a lot for a great reply.Yep I have heard,English is quite a lot hard.Thank's for the book suggestion to I would definitely give a try.I have done IGCSE Maths as well as Additional Mathematics,so I think i could find Math's easy.But just one more doubt, I have heard there are quite a lot difficult words and you need to learn about 1000 something words is it truth,Because I have learned a lot of words for IGCSE English-Literature would those words come in handy.Once again Thank's.

Reaction score
Thank's a lot for a great reply.Yep I have heard,English is quite a lot hard.Thank's for the book suggestion to I would definitely give a try.I have done IGCSE Maths as well as Additional Mathematics,so I think i could find Math's easy.But just one more doubt, I have heard there are quite a lot difficult words and you need to learn about 1000 something words is it truth,Because I have learned a lot of words for IGCSE English-Literature would those words come in handy.Once again Thank's.

Brilliant. Well, you have 19 sentence completion questions.

They are kind of like:

The race for the Barclays Premier League is ----, both Chelsea and Manchester City have a good chance of winning it.

A) close
B) raw
C) nonexistent
D) boring
E) one-sided

This is an incredibly easy example question (sports almost never comes, I haven't seen a question yet). Technically, in those blanks, especially the tougher ones, there are very difficult words in the blanks which you might not know about and one of them could be the answer. Thus, the stronger the vocabulary, the better. I advise starting as soon as you can. It also helps in comprehensions and the grammar questions.

Reaction score

They are kind of like:

The race for the Barclays Premier League is ----, both Chelsea and Manchester City have a good chance of winning it.

A) close
B) raw
C) nonexistent
D) boring
E) one-sided

This is an incredibly easy example question (sports almost never comes, I haven't seen a question yet). Technically, in those blanks, especially the tougher ones, there are very difficult words in the blanks which you might not know about and one of them could be the answer. Thus, the stronger the vocabulary, the better. I advise starting as soon as you can. It also helps in comprehensions and the grammar questions.
Thank's for the advice.In Sha Allah i will be starting soon,so have you completed SAT's.
Btw i think the answer is A.

Reaction score

They are kind of like:

A) close
B) raw
C) nonexistent
D) boring
E) one-sided

I choose (E). You second statement is nullified. Manchester City are going to win the title. So it is a one-sided race. :D

Reaction score
Ofcourse it is A. Just read the second sentence.

Mine is tomorrow.
So how did it went?
I have a question I heard there are sections right,Like 2 20 mins or something like that.
So in that case like papers are given to us all at once or are given one at a time.

Reaction score

im wishing to pursue medical education in usa so i wanna know what sat sunject are equied for admsiision and how much they matter in compaison with grades of o/a level answer me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Reaction score
I have 2 months for my sat exam any tips on how to prepare and get a great score.Thank You

Reaction score
I have 2 months for my sat exam any tips on how to prepare and get a great score.Thank You
1) Practice a lot of Critical Reading Questions. Either from the Official Guide or from 501 Critical Reading Questions.
2) For the vocabulary use Mangoosh Vocabulary list(available online) or The Insiders Guide to the SAT Vocabulary: 300 Essential Words(Its an updated version of Direct Hits)
3) For the grammar section master most of the rules. Use either this website: www.thecriticalreader.com/ or Download the book: The ultimate guide to SAT Grammar by Erica L.Meltzer
4) For the maths section just keep on practising. Its the most easy section to score on. Just revise the basic formulas used in the sat online.

Reaction score
1) Practice a lot of Critical Reading Questions. Either from the Official Guide or from 501 Critical Reading Questions.
2) For the vocabulary use Mangoosh Vocabulary list(available online) or The Insiders Guide to the SAT Vocabulary: 300 Essential Words(Its an updated version of Direct Hits)
3) For the grammar section master most of the rules. Use either this website: www.thecriticalreader.com/ or Download the book: The ultimate guide to SAT Grammar by Erica L.Meltzer
4) For the maths section just keep on practising. Its the most easy section to score on. Just revise the basic formulas used in the sat online.
Thanks a lot brother
Just one more question the books you have mentioned are they available for download or I should buy them.

Reaction score
Assalam-o-Alikum
ease refer to this link where i have compiled the stuff you need for a successful SAT score
cieoandalevelnotes.blogspot.com

Last edited: