• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Should I take business studies in A Levels???

Reaction score
Hey everyone... :) I just wanted to ask that I have chosen these subjects G.P, Economics accounts business studies and maths (S1 and S2)... But now my friends are dropping business studies coz they say that it wud be a lot of burden on us giving 5 subjects so please i want your suggestion that is b.st important?? Can i drop it? I have an aim of doing C.A or ACCA in the future... :) Please reply...

Reaction score
Your friends are stupid.
Giving 5 subjects in A level is not difficult at all. Actually, its very common. Moreover, the subjects you chose are easy ones. Don't drop it. You will get good grades inshAllah.

Reaction score
Dude but 1 of them said that B.S of a level is really tough!! :O
And do u knw if it wud help in C.A or not? I dont want to take xtra burden in a lvls... :|

Reaction score
IT REALLYS HELP IN A.C.C.A, YOU JUST CHECK OUT THE MODULES OF ACCA, AND BY THE NAME OF THOSE MODULES, YOU WILL KNOW HOW MUCH IT HELPS,.

Reaction score
^ Ahaan then thanks for the information... Really appreciate it...!

Reaction score
Yes Business studies helps in ACCA/CA. Moreover, its a full credit subject and you can easily get an A in it. If you do think however that you want to drop a subject, I would advise you to drop G.P. as it is a useless subject, its a half credit subject and most universities don't count it.

Reaction score
arlery said:
Yes Business studies helps in ACCA/CA. Moreover, its a full credit subject and you can easily get an A in it. If you do think however that you want to drop a subject, I would advise you to drop G.P. as it is a useless subject, its a half credit subject and most universities don't count it.

^ ahan well my seniors told me that in city school B.S got very bad grades :S those who xpected A got C's and D's so i was a bit worried and arley i wud love to drop G.P but the prob is that its compulsory in my school :'( so cant help it... Waisy i dont think that it requires to study does it, i got A* in my English...!!

Reaction score
With me it was the opposite, I expected a C but got an A instead. XD

But no, business is really easy if ur good at memorizing, that is.

Ah okay. GP is more of a knowledge test than a language test really.

Reaction score
Wowww great :p
But I am not good at memorizing :O I am good at understanding the concepts... So I think there's a huge problem coming my way??? :O
Ahaan well I have to give G.P whatsoever :S

Reaction score
Hmm. Did you get a good grade in O level/IGCSE business studies?

Reaction score
^The problem is that I didnt take Commerce subjects in my O levels :S I gave chem phy comp add maths etc.... :\ doomed eh?

Reaction score
Hmm not really, in that case, I think you'll have to work a tad bit harder because the approach to commerce subjects is quite different from the study approach to science subjects. Nah, saying you're doomed would be being too 'melodramatic'. :)

Reaction score
Ahaan well there's some postive words from you... :) I hope things work out for me... :)