• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Studying Abroad

Reaction score
So...I've given 8 IGCSE's and planning to finish 4 A2 subjects by May June 2016 (CIE) ...
Can anyone recommend some universities (in any English speaking country) that offer scholarships and which may accept me??
I'm at a loss right now :(

Reaction score
USA offers financial aid to internationals. So you can apply to universities there.
Though, USA universities require SAT exams to be completed before applying.

Reaction score
Thnx for telling me, although I doubt I can take SAT exams...

If you can't take SAT then most of the US universities are off the table for you.
UK universities don't offer any financial aid.

You can try to find a SAT optional school like NYUAD, HKU. But it's tough to get in there.
NYUAD has even a lower acceptance rate than Harvard for some reason.

Even most of the Canadian Universities require SAT.

You should have taken the SAT if you wanted to study in an English-speaking country, because the final A-Level grades don't even matter much. You apply to universities before A-Level exams. What matters is AS grades/Internal grades or high school transcript, SAT score, Extra-Curricular activities and your Essay.

Reaction score
So...I've given 8 IGCSE's and planning to finish 4 A2 subjects by May June 2016 (CIE) ...
Can anyone recommend some universities (in any English speaking country) that offer scholarships and which may accept me??
If you're not interested for SAT thing then you may apply into some Australian university.. Like Melbourne university offers 100% scholarship to the international students with 4A's in ALevels ...
Furthermore, you can apply in UK universities as well but you won't be getting any scholarship..
Hope this helps :)

Reaction score
Thnx for telling me, although I doubt I can take SAT exams...
I don't know why u are having a doubt about SAT exams but i would like to tell you they are comparatively easier than a levels and most of the stuff is related to the things u have done in As with some other concepts as well which are easy

Reaction score
As everyone's saying, so you should take SAT 1 and additionally if you wanna go for SAT 2 as well then I must say it will be good decision because this way you'll be way ahead of other candidates.
Further you should have a good score in SAT 1.eg score must be above 2100 if u need an admission in a good uni along with financial aid.
lastly start preparing for it from the start of Alevels.This way you'll have a plenty of time for preparation.

Reaction score
As everyone's saying, so you should take SAT 1 and additionally if you wanna go for SAT 2 as well then I must say it will be good decision because this way you'll be way ahead of other candidates.
Further you should have a good score in SAT 1.eg score must be above 2100 if u need an admission in a good uni along with financial aid.
lastly start preparing for it from the start of Alevels.This way you'll have a plenty of time for preparation.
so...you think it'll only take me a year to give SAT exams??

Reaction score
so...you think it'll only take me a year to give SAT exams??
It depends and varies frm person to person
eg I had started preparing for it since the end of 2013 coz my aim was to score somewhere around 21-2200 and finally I got that after appearing in it thrice so it will be good for ypu if you'll start to prepare as early as possible as you'll have plenty of time for preparation.

Reaction score
It depends and varies frm person to person
eg I had started preparing for it since the end of 2013 coz my aim was to score somewhere around 21-2200 and finally I got that after appearing in it thrice so it will be good for ypu if you'll start to prepare as early as possible as you'll have plenty of time for preparation.
What was your SAT score in SAT 1 and SAT 2 ?

Reaction score
apply to US through common app
if u have like 4As in AS level and decent SAT score, u could get into a good uni with 100% scholarship
plus u should try turkey too
they have some damn good unis too like Bilkent and METU and Sabanci
well people in turkey dont really speak english that much but these unis are english mediun plus they have really good rankings like in top 100 and top 200 universities in the world and their criteria is also low so u could easily get a decent scholarship.
plus these unis are much better than many unis in US

Reaction score
Depends on your skills and knowledge.
If you want you can prepare for and give it in 2-3 months.

You should also look into Germany.
Go to daad.de website and search for programs in english
thank you. I will need to learn German to be accepted there though. I checked