• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Urgent help!! Maths sequence!

Reaction score
I am having a really tough time solving 2009 may june paper 2 question 6(b) and (c)..is there any formula for expresion in terms of n in the sequence? Please anyone explain the answers..

Reaction score
Well these type of pattern related questions have no set formula to solve. You have to observe them. If you practice enough, they will become easy, don't worry :)

b) These will be simple patters, e.g n + x, xn, xn + y, n square or cube. So it could be N + 3, 3N, 2N + 2.
You can easily get the pattern for x and y, z is just 2y.

c) You can see that the middle number is an even number, so for 2nd row its 2 and for 1st row its also 2. So for 102 it would be 102, and for 101 it would also be 102.

Reaction score
I did that question.Hated it.Didnt get it either.Bt then took a sneak peak at the ansr lol.
I dont think it will cum thow i mean it js recently came in 2009.if it dus cum the q will b much easier since this one stunk.so dont worry

Reaction score
Momina-Z said:
I did that question.Hated it.Didnt get it either.Bt then took a sneak peak at the ansr lol.
I dont think it will cum thow i mean it js recently came in 2009.if it dus cum the q will b much easier since this one stunk.so dont worry

This took me about half an hour :p Hope I do it in 5 mins or less in the paper.