• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

What subject to choose

Reaction score
guyx pls help me
im really confused about which subjects to take in A levels
Maths is final
confused abt whether to take physics, b studies, computers????
have thes 3 choices now dnt know which ones to choose
just need 2 more subjects please help

Reaction score
guyx pls help me
im really confused about which subjects to take in A levels
Maths is final
confused abt whether to take physics, b studies, computers????
have thes 3 choices now dnt know which ones to choose
just need 2 more subjects please help

Take the 2 which you think you're good at or have a passion for, that's usually the best way. Another way would be to check your prospective university's requirements for the major you'd like and see if they have A-Level subject requirements and follow those. But it usually comes down to you and what you're interested in studying yourself!

Reaction score
Take the 2 which you think you're good at or have a passion for, that's usually the best way. Another way would be to check your prospective university's requirements for the major you'd like and see if they have A-Level subject requirements and follow those. But it usually comes down to you and what you're interested in studying yourself!

i got a C in physics....
never done b studies or computing in o levels
n dont noe anything still
i dont know wat to do further
just wanted to know that if i keep computing n b studies now would it be difficult enough for me to understand?

Reaction score
i got a C in physics....
never done b studies or computing in o levels
n dont noe anything still
i dont know wat to do further
just wanted to know that if i keep computing n b studies now would it be difficult enough for me to understand?

No it wouldn't be hard at all as long as you keep up. AS Business Studies is so similar and easy like IGCSE Business that I almost did it a year early. I'm taking subjects in AS that I haven't done in IGCSEs too, and trust me, if you study a lot independently and keep pace with the class it won't be difficult at all.

Reaction score
No it wouldn't be hard at all as long as you keep up. AS Business Studies is so similar and easy like IGCSE Business that I almost did it a year early. I'm taking subjects in AS that I haven't done in IGCSEs too, and trust me, if you study a lot independently and keep pace with the class it won't be difficult at all.

so wat subjects are u taking?
are u also gonna do a levels now?
and wat abt computing?

Reaction score
so wat subjects are u taking?
are u also gonna do a levels now?
and wat abt computing?

The subjects I think I'm taking are: Chemistry, Physics, Arabic, General Studies, Math, and MAYBE Business Studies. The thing is, I haven't seen exactly what subjects for AS our school provides because I put down option choices for IB not AS, and then changed my mind in summer that I wanted to do AS instead of IB. I'd love to do Computing, but my school doesn't provide that subject unfortunately. And I'm not doing A-Levels, I'm starting the AS-Level this year and then going to university after that.

Reaction score
The subjects I think I'm taking are: Chemistry, Physics, Arabic, General Studies, Math, and MAYBE Business Studies. The thing is, I haven't seen exactly what subjects for AS our school provides because I put down option choices for IB not AS, and then changed my mind in summer that I wanted to do AS instead of IB. I'd love to do Computing, but my school doesn't provide that subject unfortunately. And I'm not doing A-Levels, I'm starting the AS-Level this year and then going to university after that.
so wt do u think computing is an easy subject/ n dat it has a usefull future?

Reaction score
so wt do u think computing is an easy subject/ n dat it has a usefull future?

I don't know if it's easy or not, but it's definitely interesting if you're into computers. I bought the textbook from amazon but after it arrived I discovered the british council didn't have it as a subject. So there's no way for me to do it here :/

Reaction score
I don't know if it's easy or not, but it's definitely interesting if you're into computers. I bought the textbook from amazon but after it arrived I discovered the british council didn't have it as a subject. So there's no way for me to do it here :/
oooh ok
thanks for the help by the way
uve been really helpfull