• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Why bother??

Reaction score
Assalamu Alaikum, Dear Brothers and Sisters of Faith! Today, I would like to relate a story mentioned by Ibn Hazm in his work Tawq al-Hammamah ; a tale of a Spanish business man.
But, before I start the story, I would like all of you to recall a particular day, when you didn't do something just because someone else would say something about it ' critically'....'' No.. I won't do it.... Ali will say that am mad... No, I won't wear it, it is out of fashion...No..No..not this...because....they will....i know they will...'', and dumped what YOU thought was right!!
OKAY... NOW THAT YOU RECALLED. LET'S READ THIS STORY....Shall we???
There was competition between that businessman and four other businessmen, and as a result, they disliked him, because of his success. They were therefore determined to aggravate him. One morning. he left his house to go to his workplace, wearing a white shirt and turban. One of the four businessmen met him on the way. He greeted the Spanish businessman , looked at his turban and said,'' How beautiful this yellow turban is!"
The businessman said, '' Are you blind? This turban is white!''
He replied, '' No, it is
yellow! It is yellow, but it looks good!''
The business man left him and moved on until he met the second of them. He greeted him, looked at his turban and said, '' You look handsome today! Your clothes look fine! Especially this
green turban!!''
The business said, '' Actually, the turban is
white.''
''No, it is
green,'' he insisted.
He replied, '' It is
white! Go away from me!''
The businessman walked on, talking to himself, and every now and then looking at the flank of his turban to make sure that it was indeed white. He reached his shop and opened up the lock. Meanwhile, there came to him the third of the four businessmen and said, '' How beautiful this morning is!! And especially your clothes, they look fine! And your beautiful blue turban only adds to your good looks!''
The businessman looked at his turban to ascertain its color , then rubbed his eyes and said, '' Dear Brother! My turban is white!''
''No, it is
blue. But the important thing is that it looks good, so don't worry!'', the man said, and left, as the businessman began to yell after him saying, ''The turban is WHITE!!'' as he looked at his turban one again to ascertain its color.
He sat in his shop for a while and couldn't take his eyes off his turban. Meanwhile the fourth person came and greeted saying,'' Greetings! MashaAllah! From where did you buy this red turban?"
The businessman shouted, '' My turban is
blue!''
He replied, ' No , it is
red.''
The businessman said, '' No. it is
green! Actually, no it is white! No it is blue or brown!!'' He then laughed out loud, then screamed, then began to cry and then started to jump up and down!
Ibn Hazm said, '' Thereafter, I would see him in the streets of Spain. He had gone mad and children would pelt stones at him...

So...
LISTEN TO WHAT YOUR HEART SAYS... AS LONG AS IT DOESN'T CROSS THE RULINGS OF ISLAM, WHY BOTHER WHAT OTHERS THINK??

Last edited: