• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Why SATS?

Reaction score
hey guys. can anyone tell me wats d need for doing sats and hw far ll it b helpful for science students with entirely no intention of applying to universities abroad?

Reaction score
SAT stands for Standard Aptitude Test and it is a test that judges ur logic, reasoning, critical reading and grammar skills. There are certain universities that exempt u from their aptitude tests if u have the SAT or rather a particular SAT score. Some might even require a particular SAT score without which you cannot be granted admission at all. And if that is not the case, then it most definitely elevates ur application if you have a good SAT score, as it shows that you're a competitive candidate for admission.

So, at the end of the day, you first have to find out about your target university/ies. You have to look at what they require you to have. If it's a compulsion, you have to give SAT then. If it just helps you avoid the aptitude test, you have to find out which of the two is easier for you (in most cases students find SAT easier - I did ! :) ) And if there is nothing like this, then you have to simply decide if you want to give SAT so that it just gives you an edge in the admission process and you stand out.

HOpe that helped :)

Anything else, or if you want to stay inb touch...follow me on my blog: discoverity.blogspot.com :)

Reaction score
what if i take SAT's after my IGCSE's and do not do A levels , and score great marks in SAT's , so will it be possible for me to get into a good university in USA or Canada

thank you very much for your great help

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
SAT is just a test and not a qualification. You need to do A-level (or equivalent qualification) to get admission into a University, be it anywhere!

Reaction score
gee thanks. but the thing is i m doing A-levels right now, just got over wid As. since i have 2 pursue medical in future, i m not going to apply 2 universities abroad. and i m probably going to apply to local medical universities. i wanna know hw far will stats assist me in getting into such unis? is it really worth doing in my case?

Reaction score
Nibz said:
SAT is just a test and not a qualification. You need to do A-level (or equivalent qualification) to get admission into a University, be it anywhere!
hey thanks for the answer , really needed to know that , okay now the problem with me is that i did A levels in one year and got miserable marks like Us and Es , but then i had a great tutor and did SAT's and got 2200 .
and i have also done TOEFLS and scored good at it .
now will it be possible to ge admitted in a good university in USA or Canada.
thanks

just want opinions

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry, but Universities don't just consider SAT scores. Even if you've scored 100% in SAT tests but got U's in A-levels, no Good University (the emphasis is on the word GOOD) will give you admission.

As for opinions, I'd suggest you to do A-level again and work hard this time for good grades.
I sincerely hope you get into a Good University.
Good Luck!

Reaction score
Nibz said:
Sorry, but Universities don't just consider SAT scores. Even if you've scored 100% in SAT tests but got U's in A-levels, no Good University (the emphasis is on the word GOOD) will give you admission.

As for opinions, I'd suggest you to do A-level again and work hard this time for good grades.
I sincerely hope you get into a Good University.
Good Luck!
thanks wish you success too :D :D :D

Reaction score
ad98ify said:
to lumhs,dow or agha khan...to sindh medical universties in short

okay i dont know about lumhs, or dow, but aga khan as far as i rmember does ask for SAT II in certain subjects.....and SAT I will help u or not?....im not realy sure..

You have to understand that you cannot rely on or even expect any genuine comments from people like us here.....you have to open up their websites and check out their requirements.....and get in touch with these unis to find out if SAT I really helps and to what extent..

I hope u understand this now :)
All the best