• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

0460 Geography Discussions

Reaction score
All the Geography students please get together and let's discuss regarding the papers and useful syllabus materials... :)
How was the paper 2 at last??? I believe that it was a very easy paper, though I did very few silly mistakes...

Reaction score
In my zone, if I remember correctly, the first cloud was a cirrus, then, a cumulus I didn't know the third, but the unit was oktas.

Reaction score
Leone, I cannot use the PM system just yet, so in response to your question - yes, zone one did paper 21. We have paper 41 on Monday, by tomorrow the only paper we'll have done is paper 21. We're doing IGCSEs.

Reaction score
serendipity said:
Leone, I cannot use the PM system just yet, so in response to your question - yes, zone one did paper 21. We have paper 41 on Monday, by tomorrow the only paper we'll have done is paper 21. We're doing IGCSEs.

I see... By the way I am doing Paper 22 and all the 2s. It's the same pattern over here. Only the papers are different... In our Paper 2 there was no question regarding clouds and the paper was overall very easy!!!

Reaction score
i gave paper22 it was ok bt my paper went good.tomorrow i'll be appearing for paper42 any help or tips for me????

Reaction score
amritbagga said:
i gave paper22 it was ok bt my paper went good.tomorrow i'll be appearing for paper42 any help or tips for me????

It is very important to know the sampling methods well. The advantages and disadvantages of sampling is very important. Then you should be knowing the experimental skills in Geography, the equipments used in experiments and how to use them. There might come a condition where you have to describe for example how a river's depth is measured, how the velocity of the water flow in a river is measured, how the slope of sand in a beach is measured, the ones concerning the pebbles, etc...

It is very important that you know the different equipments used ranging from the weather instruments to the ones used in the aforesaid experiments. Namely study about anemometers, stevenson screens, max-min thermometers, wet-dry bulb thermometers, wind vanes, rain gauge, quadrats, clinometer, pebbleometer, flowmeters, callipers, different uses of measuring tape, usage of poles, clinometers, etc... Many more still remains. You should be familiar with the questionnaires, hypotheses, how to make conclusions, etc... as that's how the questions will be in the form of. You should be familiar with the different types of graphs too.

:arrow: What the Syllabus says about the paper:
A primary feature of questions in this paper is that they will involve an appreciation from
a theoretical standpoint of a range of techniques used in a variety of fieldwork studies.
Questions will test the methodology of the following data collection enquiry skills:

(a) questionnaires;
(b) observation;
(c) counts (such as pedestrian and traffic counts);
(d) measurement techniques (appropriate to river, beach and weather studies).

Questions may involve the development of suitable hypotheses appropriate to specific
topics linked to the relevant geographical knowledge and understanding. Methods used
to process and to present data will also be tested using both cartographical and
statistical techniques. An ability to analyse data collected and to formulate conclusions
will also be examined in this paper.

See the part regarding Paper 4 on this link for further details: http://www.xtremepapers.net/CIE/Cambrid ... y10_sy.pdf

Reaction score
Paper 2 variant 1 was quite easy at our centre (South America). Clouds were certainly Cirrus, Cumulus and Cumulonimbus and the unit Oktas, checked with my teacher, a renowned IB Geo examiner; any predictions for the upcoming Paper 1 variant 1? Would any one have prediction questions or the actual exams?
Cheers, AM

Reaction score
AM01 said:
Paper 2 variant 1 was quite easy at our centre (South America). Clouds were certainly Cirrus, Cumulus and Cumulonimbus and the unit Oktas, checked with my teacher, a renowned IB Geo examiner; any predictions for the upcoming Paper 1 variant 1? Would any one have prediction questions or the actual exams?
Cheers, AM

Fortunately, throughout the exams we didn't face any questions regarding types of clouds... I am doing all the variant 2s. So how was the paper 1???

Reaction score
Carrying a full line of meteorological measurement instruments, Skypowerinternational supply recording instruments for the measurement of atmospheric air pressure this is specially done with the help of devices such as Barograph & Micro Barograph the recording is carried out by means of a hand wound clock work drum mechanism.
http://skypowerinternational.com/