• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

0580 Maths Discussion

Reaction score
i got 53.1 but i didnt work out the angle using the cos rule and then adding to the 90 then subtracting that answer from 180, I used another method
took the values of the C = 4/5 .... cos = a/h and i used sin = o/h which i used to work out sin-1 = 4/5 = 53.1 :)

Reaction score
u just solve the cos equation given and add i with 90 and subtract it with 180

Reaction score
I got 53.1 as well :D

What did you get for irrational numbers?? I messed up :(
I put 2/3, pie, and square root of 3 + square root of 6

Reaction score
i dont know what irrational mean !!!
so by my studying experience :p
i wrote "pie" but i think we should write two :(
btw what does irrational mean?

Reaction score
irrational are square roots and pie , doesnt have a fixed value i think something like that.
I put the 2 sqaures and left out the pie , because thought you only needed to give 2 seeing it was worth 2 marks

Reaction score
pie is an irrational number :O

And i think the answer was pie and the two square roots. :(

I got it wrong

Reaction score
hmmm...Hopefully the grade thresholds will be low. If its more than 55 for an A, it will be unfair.

Reaction score
why??
for the one who work hard , they will say "the thresholds should be more than 60 for A"
but for the one who dont work hard, they will say "the thresholds should be more than 40 to get A"
no offence but i think ur one of the .......... :p

Reaction score
Irrational means it cannot be expressed as a fraction. Generally any square root of a non square number is irrational, as well as pi.

Reaction score
it will be unfair because the thresholds for ALL the previous may/june paper 2's was low. like 50 for an A. :/

Reaction score
lol! the highest in the history of maths was 59 for an A. and that was november 2010. Otherwise they are low, and should be low this year as well :%)

Reaction score
nov 2010 its 59??!!(never bother to search :D)
then i think this time it will be 60 or 61 .
where r u guyz doing the exam??(country, city, place...any1):)