• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

0580 Maths paper 2 Extended disscussion!!!!

Reaction score
i know algebra, but fractions involving algebra is scary! i couldnt do the qquestion that said show that some improper fractions was = ??

and btw wats the answer for matrics

Reaction score
mimmi said:
i know algebra, but fractions involving algebra is scary! i couldnt do the qquestion that said show that some improper fractions was = ??

and btw wats the answer for matrics
Not tuff .. u need to find the LCM for the fractions and solve it . Then there will be another improper fraction and convert it into mixed fraction .. there u go its solved and u get 3 marks ...
How did u do it?

Reaction score
I think I did a different paper than you guys, because I had no question about Pentagons and I think the rotational symmetry of a cuboid with a rectangular face is not 5 o.0

Reaction score
PeterG said:
I think I did a different paper than you guys, because I had no question about Pentagons and I think the rotational symmetry of a cuboid with a rectangular face is not 5 o.0
We dint get a rectangular cubiod ... u should be in zone 3 or 1 i think...

Reaction score
PeterG said:
what subjects do u read (and wat are they IGCSE or GCSE) ......... with this info i can tell ur zone and the paper u have got....

Reaction score
switch said:
I hope sequences and probability is there .. i Love those topics!!!

Me too....
BTW why are ya guys scared of sequences.........the key to sequences is to see the pattern in the differences.....mostly the difference will be constant...but if it isnt, look at the difference of the differences

If it is constant use the formula A+(N-1)D....where A is the first term
If it isnt, use A+(N-1)D+(N-1)(N-2)C/2.........where C is the difference of the differences

Ull usually not need to use the second formula, they usually give something like a constant added to square numbers to make it more complicated. So first use ur common sense...then u can use the formula.

I dunno if dis helped, but this ws for refreshing my memory

Reaction score
Karthik, I do IGCSE's, I did my 0580 Maths Paper 2 exactly 24 hours ago now