• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

4040 Statistics 2011 and Paper discussion after 24 hours

Reaction score
SalmanPakRocks said:
tahatehseen said:
yes the paper was the hardest paper in the history of statistics! I hope i get my A* :)
it sure was :cry:
hope the percentile is low
Umm, honestly, didn't find it that hard though not one of those typical ones and undoubtedly a bit tougher than p1 :)

Reaction score
wardah2496 said:
what was the ans for q.8 paper 2 part iv) unweighted or weighted?? can any one tell plz??
Weighted because the estimate we obtained from it was closer to the actual value

Reaction score
tahatehseen said:
here are my answers
Q4 Assumed Mean one
d(bar) = 3.9
mean = 450.4875
s.d= 1.08
ii) Mean = 450.4875+180
s.d = 1.08(as SD is not affected by Addition)

My S.D is Correct!
But i need to ask about the second part of it abt the mean
The Mean is 450.4875

The mean is the mass of "Canned Food"
The second part said that if the can weight is 180g then calculate the mean mass of the foood

So shudnt it be 450.4875-180= 270.4875
This is the mean for the food in the can

please help me

I have one more querry
In Paper 2 Qs.11
Tell me the answers please...

Reaction score
altox876 said:
wardah2496 said:
what was the ans for q.8 paper 2 part iv) unweighted or weighted?? can any one tell plz??
Weighted because the estimate we obtained from it was closer to the actual value

Yea its correct Weighted was much closer :)

Reaction score
Umm, no it asked bout the 'total mass' so we're gonna add the mean to it :)
In q.11 the answer equalled to 60 point something. Pardon, I vaguely remember the exact value :(

Reaction score
they already gave the nominal mass of the canned foood..then y will they ask for the total mass?if they already gave the mass..
I

Reaction score
LegendII said:
immyself said:
In q.11 the answer equalled to 60 point something. Pardon, I vaguely remember the exact value :(
How did u calculated it?
I got the same answer. We were supposed to find the value of the 85th percentile by linear interpolation formula.

Reaction score
altox876 said:
wardah2496 said:
it can be unweighted too because when i calculated the aggreggate of 2008 epx. taking 2007's expendtiture as the base year so it gave me ans 114.58! which was unweighted i guess!!

Reaction score
Dont u think tht paper 2 of statistics was much harder than paper 1??? and can anyone help me to get statistics papers of 2011??

Reaction score
anyone! please help?
can somebody get me the answers for paper1 cumulative freq question that has last part of something like percentage reduction??
then also d answer for paper2 cumulative frequency that has something like gross values and net values? please answer any1 as soon as possible! :(

Reaction score
please bro! share the answer for paper1 cumulative freq question in which last part was to calc percentage reduction.
Also please share the answer for paper1 sets question urdu/arabic/french! please m waiting! :(

Reaction score
primus0071 said:
anyone! please help?
can somebody get me the answers for paper1 cumulative freq question that has last part of something like percentage reduction??
then also d answer for paper2 cumulative frequency that has something like gross values and net values? please answer any1 as soon as possible! :(
I think i remember the one on the Cumulative curve, 4/17 x 100 , which came to 24%.

Reaction score
ok bro...thansk so much...
also please can u tel me the answer for that sets and venn diagram question?
that has value to be find for people who study french/urdu and arabic?
did u remember? :(
please state the answer if u remember or remind the question for me? :( m waiting

Reaction score
which one dear?
please tell me about the answer for venn diagnrams and that set interpretation????
m waiting bro......