• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

8th May Maths Paper 2 full solutions

Reaction score
Guys please answer me quickly ......
For the 16th Question in paper 22 which was about calculating area under graph .. I didnt convert minutes to hours so i got the wrong answer but all my working is written and correct substitutions were written ,, it carried 4 marks , will get 2/4 or 1/4 ? Thanks

Reaction score
Yes Sir please post paper 42 solutions on 14th may DIRECTLY please because i wanna check it with P2 and predict my mark :)

Reaction score
I won't answer any questions from different papers on this thread. This thread is a discussion of the 2013 Paper 22.

Reaction score
will u answer any Qs about P4 they will be a lot more than this one! and many will be about the A* and their marks.. this maybe a bad idea...
I will answer questions about the content of Paper 4 but I won't answer any questions about grades.

Reaction score
yeah cool! what do u expect that will be in paper 4 as many of the topics that are the main topics didnt come in P2... like matrices, transformation, vectors, volumes, inequality drawing Qs.. do u expect anything in particular?
I don't want to make any predictions about this. You can look yourself at past papers and Paper 2 of this year and make your own predictions..

All I'll say is I'm pretty confident that there will be some trigonometry in Paper 4 :)

Reaction score
Sir, in the inequality question, instead of the integers I wrote, -4 less than or equal to x more than or equal to -1, how many marks will I probably lose?
And the nth term, I wrote it with something in brackets, but it is the same thing, will I lose any marks?
In the interest question i wrote the answer to no decimal places, my working is correct and I wrote the exact answer as well in the working, any chance of full marks on any of these questions? Please reply, thanks! :)

Reaction score
Hello Sir,
Do you have the variant one for the paper 2 (international mathematics) as well?
It would really help me (want to see how I did)
Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Only place I messed up was the speed time graph. forgot to change mins to hrs but everyone else was ok (used the trapizium formula correcly) so probably lost 3 marks max. so 67/70 68/70 or even 69/70 for me. if they scale it up, it can be 70/70 for me! :)

Reaction score
Hi,

24 hours have passed so I can upload my solutions to Paper 22.

If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

- I will not answer any questions like, 'What will I need to get this grade' or 'How hard/easy was the paper, what will the A boundary be'.

I will be posting solutions to paper 42 on 14th May in a different thread.

Hey Sir i just wanted to ask, Question 16 the speed time graph i got the ans as 900 but did not divide it by 60 to get 15 km as the ans so how many marks will i lose for this error

Reaction score
Hi,

- I will not answer any questions like, 'What will I need to get this grade' or 'How hard/easy was the paper, what will the A boundary be'.

Do you have the answers for paper 22?
or know where can I get them?
Thank you :)

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks Alot Sir,
This has been a really gud gesture
If only other teachers could also help us.
Anyways Do yu hav any information if there'll be a curve for grading or not?

Reaction score
Hey Sir i just wanted to ask, Question 16 the speed time graph i got the ans as 900 but did not divide it by 60 to get 15 km as the ans so how many marks will i lose for this error
I keep being asked this question - you'll get at least 2/4 and there's a good chance you'll get 3/4.

Tip for everyone: Always check your answer to see if it makes sense:

For this question, a train travels for 26 minutes between two stations. It has to be an extremely fast train to travel 900km!

Reaction score
Sir, is it allowed to use a diagram in the answer as you did in question 8
or you just put it for helping us to understand ?

Reaction score
Sir, is it allowed to use a diagram in the answer as you did in question 8
or you just put it for helping us to understand ?
I put it there to help people understand.

You are allowed to write or draw anything in the answer space. But you may not get a mark for it.