• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A-1 (A levels year 1)

Reaction score
if i chose pre-engineering for ma A'levelx,which of the following should i take as my optional subject:
1-sociology
2-General paper
3-phychology
the school insists that i take all of them... :%)
H-E-L-P

Reaction score
Sociology and psychology are studious subjects whereas GP is relatively easy. In the end, it depends on your interest.

Reaction score
Topic moved to the A'levels section.

Go for for Economics, instead.

Reaction score
If these are the only choices take GP.
If you have other choices as well take Economics.

Reaction score
I'm curious as to why you two would suggest Economics. I too am starting my Alevels, and am in search for an extra subject.

Reaction score
Sociology and Psychology are subjects that need studying, and in the field of Engineering they will not be of much use because of their separate genre. But Economics will provide diversity to your Engineering combination while being a viable subject in itself.

Reaction score
I have an engineering combo too. Hm. I won't bother you with asking if it's an easy subject or not, I've understood that all Alevel subjects need to be seriously. So it's not about whether it's easy or not, I guess. Does Economics have credit? I mean, Business Studies, I guy told me that it's a black listed subject and many universities don't consider it.

Reaction score
hamidali391 said:
Topic moved to the A'levels section.

Go for for Economics, instead.
i've worked so hard studying SCIence in o'levels now i've to work the whole way up to study economics from scratch....?
no no no i think GP is good
thank u all!
btw theyre also offering applied ICT...now wat is dis?

Reaction score
^Definately AICT then. it's easy to score. Just 2 papers. 1 practical & 1 theory. It's a half credit subject though but it's a good one of you're opting for engineering.
Or else you could go for GP.

Reaction score
aquariangurl said:
^Definately AICT then. it's easy to score. Just 2 papers. 1 practical & 1 theory. It's a half credit subject though but it's a good one of you're opting for engineering.
Or else you could go for GP.
wat do u mean by "half credit subject"??? :fool:

Reaction score
^It means it's just AS, as in half, not A levels. Your grade will appear like this, a^ or b^, Get it?

Reaction score
Skywalker said:
I have an engineering combo too. Hm. I won't bother you with asking if it's an easy subject or not, I've understood that all Alevel subjects need to be seriously. So it's not about whether it's easy or not, I guess. Does Economics have credit? I mean, Business Studies, I guy told me that it's a black listed subject and many universities don't consider it.

Business Studies is a separate subject, and Economics is a different one. Economics has one of the most challenging courses in A'levels, so definitely it has alot of credit. Infact, I was listening to a Cambridge official on radio and he said that the only commerce subject worth keeping is Economics.

Reaction score
aquariangurl said:
^It means it's just AS, as in half, not A levels. Your grade will appear like this, a^ or b^, Get it?

1-so will the university people hav any problem with ^ ?
2-will it effect my equivalency for university...?
3-do schools in pakistan have all the lab facilities for AICT?
(i know i question alot but i am really confused rite nw....thanks to all of u ppl answering my stupid questions....)

Reaction score
For Engineering take Thinking Skills. Its kind of maths.. & will help u alot in problem solving. There is no use of keeping GP, its just a waste for you. GP is basically for those who wish to give SAT papers..

Reaction score
usmanmahmood said:
For Engineering take Thinking Skills. Its kind of maths.. & will help u alot in problem solving. There is no use of keeping GP, its just a waste for you. GP is basically for those who wish to give SAT papers..

so do u hav any experience for wat u've said?

Reaction score
There's only the need of common sense to know which subjects are related to a person's field.

Reaction score
Nope :p Thinking Skills isn't that easy. It'll be fun for math lovers but will give a tough time to others :p

Reaction score
usmanmahmood said:
Nope :p Thinking Skills isn't that easy. It'll be fun for math lovers but will give a tough time to others :p

sometimes i love it and at other times i dont..... :x
if i give it a try nd say....i get a E or D or B....i dont think it i'll effect the university ppl....?