• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A* Grade

Reaction score
I am taking A Level in 3 subjects: Physics, Chemistry and Biology. I am giving both AS and A2 together.
Most of my papers went well and I am very positive that I can get A grade in all three but I really want A*s. I don't seem to understand the GT for A*. How they will discriminate among A Grade students A* students. I think that one can only get A* if all his papers go perfect.
What do you guys think?

Reaction score
hi ! does this mean that the grading system for the year will be based on the overall performance of the candidates? ie. the grading will be based on a bell shaped graph? if the paper for eg Biology is particularly hard this year it will have a lower gt for A grade ?

Thank you :)

Reaction score
i think yes.. so if they giv a hard exam n see the average grades are low they will set the gt also low

Reaction score
I just found out from my college registrar that the bell curve grading system has been abolished in 2010 last year... now Cambridge is strictly following the percentage grading ie 80 = A etc.

It seems more easy for you to loss the A now if somehow you slipped a little during a paper ..

Reaction score
imissknow2 said:
I just found out from my college registrar that the bell curve grading system has been abolished in 2010 last year... now Cambridge is strictly following the percentage grading ie 80 = A etc.

It seems more easy for you to loss the A now if somehow you slipped a little during a paper ..

hey my school teachers say its percentile system this year as well the grade thresholds one!!! :no:

Reaction score
i gave cambridge a message from their website concerning this...and ya havent got a reply in full 2 weeks and not expecting one either haha