• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

a graders computer studies

Reaction score
aoa evry1, am so much depressed due to not finding an appopriate book for computer studies written paper or any notes that cover its syllabus.if anyone has its notes plz post them here,notes through which you,urslf got an A grade.hlp will be phenomenally appreciated.

Reaction score
AOa
I had notes in hard copy
but PM me and remind me in a couple of days
i'll ask , inquire for notes and find u the appropriate book
for it
Even i didnt use the proper book but still managed to get an A
but computers is easy...if you do plenty of past papers and your gates are good

Reaction score
Yeah, honestly Computer Studies isn't that difficult. Here is what I did to get an A* (and I am assuming a high one because my paper went really good):

1 - Past papers from 1992-2010 (you can just do 2002-2011).
2 - Practiced lots of logic gate + algorithm questions.
3 - Studied from my teacher's notes (there were many notes on many topics like Expert Systems, important definitions, etc.)
4 - I studied thoroughly from a .ZIP file someone posted here a long time ago containing a set of notes. 50 if not more % of the examination is guaranteed to come from those booklets. I'm not sure where the download link for it is, though.

So yeah, you shouldn't really be tensed about CS. There is no good book (hell, the one our teacher recommended to us was some from 1984 and was extremely outdated). Just practice past paper questions because many of them tend to be repeated (3 features of an operating system comes like every 2 years or so). It is actually an easy subject compared to Physics/Chemistry and the like in my opinion.

Reaction score
Computer studies (7010), my friend, is one of the most easiest subjects in GCE O'Levels.
Just practice the pastpapers and some other questions, read notes, and yes as the person above me stated there is no good book for computer studies! why? In my opinion it's because technology is always progressing/advancing, hence a book published today might not have the information of the next day! Imagine reading a text book saying that "hard disks of 20gb are common now-a-days" lol xD

Anyway, do pastpapers as much as you can and also remember to learn the notes, keep in touch with them.

and btw, I am in no way asking you to stray away from reading text books, I suggest you read them, because I also did read them!

All the best! :)

Reaction score
aoa evry1, am so much depressed due to not finding an appopriate book for computer studies written paper or any notes that cover its syllabus.if anyone has its notes plz post them here,notes through which you,urslf got an A grade.hlp will be phenomenally appreciated.
I Am an A* Grader In CS... Tommorow i will let you knw about the books i study from and Notes will be posted. In mean time visit my Thread Olevel note center .Link is below