• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A-level bio chem .. cie or edexcel :s confused .. plz help x_x

Reaction score
i need help with choosing what to take .. i'm really confused ..
i did cie igcse
ppl say edexcel will be harder .. since i'll have a little time to get use to it and all
and edexcel need a specific way of answering and their marking is strrriicctt :s
i dont rlly know
i'm scared i do edexcel and end up regretting
is it in a way easier than cie ? or worseee ?:(
heellllpppp :(

Reaction score
Look,
A Level edexcel HAS A HUGE ADVANTAGE which is not provided in the CIE, it is not a linear course, which means you can take each paper individually, so you can make unit 1 in jan session, and 2,3 in june session! so you can distribute your effort, so less effort is needed. and if you want to re-sit any paper individually, you can!
And there is no PRACTICAL TEST in edexcel, but alternative to practical, which is similar to the IGCSE paper 6! Which is more easier than a real practical one

AS edexcel is really really SIMPLE, compared to the cambridge one!
But the A2 is really complicated and you have to work VERY hard!
And don't care about the board marking system, if you worked hard, it won't matter :)

Good luck

Reaction score
Thank you soooo sooo much :) (y)
but do u have any idea if i'll face troubles in college if i did edexcel ? since usually all colleges prefer cie ?

Reaction score
Thank you soooo sooo much :) (y)
but do u have any idea if i'll face troubles in college if i did edexcel ? since usually all colleges prefer cie ?
Colleges care about GRADES! They don't care about boards, board are just for you, not for colleges because the certificate itself is called *GCE* whether it's cambridge or edexcel, it doesn't matter, it's the same certificate :)

Reaction score
Thank you sooooo much .. really helped me :D
I will be doin edexcel then in shaa allah x3