• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A-Level geography

Reaction score
Hey,
In 7 weeks is the first AS level geography exam. I'm struggling with all the terms. I've managed to memorize most; however, I'm struggling with understanding the Pressure and Winds concepts and the ITCZ for both AS (atmosphere and weather) and A2 level (tropical climates). I'd really appreciate a break down and some note on that!
Also, what are some key points I could memorize before the exam in order to achieve a minimum of a C?

Reaction score
Hey,
In 7 weeks is the first AS level geography exam. I'm struggling with all the terms. I've managed to memorize most; however, I'm struggling with understanding the Pressure and Winds concepts and the ITCZ for both AS (atmosphere and weather) and A2 level (tropical climates). I'd really appreciate a break down and some note on that!
Also, what are some key points I could memorize before the exam in order to achieve a minimum of a C?

Okay, don't get excited, coz I'm not here to answer your question lol I'm here to complain and beg for advice with u :D

I swear i'm finding it so tough as well!!

I feel like something is blocking me from absorbing any info! I'm in need of some serious help...

So how are you preparing for the exam?

Reaction score
I went to a course, where they gave me some tips.
For the AS part, know your knowledge really well for the first parts, by using flash cards for definitions and going over past papers
For the essay part of the AS, make sure you know some of the case studies in the text book, such as Tibet's changing ethnic blanace, China's one-child policy and Mexico's landslides.

For the A2 Part, make sure you know enough of the case studies to pass, as a lot of the essay questions will be needing plenty of examples.... and go over many past papers

I hope this helps....

Also make sure your writing structure is sound!

I also need tips, so if anyone has any, please let me know!

Reaction score
I went to a course, where they gave me some tips.
For the AS part, know your knowledge really well for the first parts, by using flash cards for definitions and going over past papers
For the essay part of the AS, make sure you know some of the case studies in the text book, such as Tibet's changing ethnic blanace, China's one-child policy and Mexico's landslides.

For the A2 Part, make sure you know enough of the case studies to pass, as a lot of the essay questions will be needing plenty of examples.... and go over many past papers

I hope this helps....

Also make sure your writing structure is sound!

I also need tips, so if anyone has any, please let me know!

thank u so much for the tips :D if i do know of any, ill let u know...

i may just be dropping geo tho, since im not gonna be able to write it this session...