• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level grading HELP !!!!

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just received my As May/June 2016 results for math (9709), Chemistry (9701), Physics (9702). Fortunately, I got 3 A in all of the subjects. However, I didn't get what I excepted in my components marks, I got low As in my AS level examination. i got
Chemistry 91/130
Physics 91/130
Math 109/125
and A for this subject was
Chemistry 86/130
Physics 86/130
Math 105/125
I know this aren't great but do I have any chance of getting A* in A2 or in overall A level.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just received my As May/June 2016 results for math (9709), Chemistry (9701), Physics (9702). Fortunately, I got 3 A in all of the subjects. However, I didn't get what I excepted in my components marks, I got low As in my AS level examination. i got
Chemistry 91/130
Physics 91/130
Math 109/125
and A for this subject was
Chemistry 86/130
Physics 86/130
Math 105/125
I know this aren't great but do I have any chance of getting A* in A2 or in overall A level.

yes, it is likely that you will get the A* if you worked hard and smart enough. actually, i have seen people who got like ABB in their As and got A*A*A in their a levels. if you think about it, an A is a good grade( whether it is a high or low A) in As subjects and it would sound a bit risky( and also a waste of time) if you actually decided to resit an As subject just for the sake of a high A when you already got an A. in my opinion, it's better to move forward to the A2 . i think you it would be better if you wait and see others' opinions as well.

Reaction score
yes, it is likely that you will get the A* if you worked hard and smart enough. actually, i have seen people who got like ABB in their As and got A*A*A in their a levels. if you think about it, an A is a good grade( whether it is a high or low A) in As subjects and it would sound a bit risky( and also a waste of time) if you actually decided to resit an As subject just for the sake of a high A when you already got an A. in my opinion, it's better to move forward to the A2 . i think you it would be better if you wait and see others' opinions as well.
thank you brother u just took some stress of me