• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level in one year ?

Reaction score
I want to give A levels in one year so i could save a year... I am pretty intelligent....Recently i gave my o levels in may/june 2012 secession..... Do you recommend that i shoud do it in 1 year ?
My subjects in a level are:
Accounting 9706
Business studies 9707
Economics 9708

Reaction score
Hello, if you are confident enough that you can manage it in one year then go for it!otherwise you can spend one more year and retake all the exams!

Reaction score
it would be better if u go in a systematic way and do alevels in its suggested way

Reaction score
I want to give A levels in one year so i could save a year... I am pretty intelligent....Recently i gave my o levels in may/june 2012 secession..... Do you recommend that i shoud do it in 1 year ?
Accounting 9706
Business studies 9707
Economics 9708

I studied maths 9709, further maths 9231 and economics 9708 in four months. I was literally studying from sunrise to sunset with no social life. But the maths was easy because I had done the P1 S1 M1 syllabus before. It really depends on your determination. But, IMHO, if you have the choice and time (I didn't) rather do it over two years and perfect your skill as much as possible.

Good luck with whatever you decide!!

Reaction score
Accounting 9706
Business studies 9707
Economics 9708

First of all, your combination of subjects is totally screwed up. Since, your mentioned subject combination makes you a commerce student. I would recommend you to take A level Mathematics as it is more than necessary for commerce students. Secondly, there is no point in taking subjects with overlaping course work i.e Business studies and Economics. Since economics is more credited choose Economics. Furthermore, General paper is compulsory for university admission. So, your subjects combination should be A level : Accounting, Mathematics, Economics, and General Paper.
Now that we have chosen the right subject combination lets come to the main question i.e A level in one year. The answer to which can differ from person to person. If you can study hard for 7-10 hours daily for a whole year it won't be an issue and you would pretty much end up with excellent grades. However, if you lack committment and sincerity to academics spending even 5 years in doing A levels won't bring about good results.
I personally have friends who wanted a fast track towards CA(chartered accountancy) and they did A levels in one year. And tell you what they ended up with awesome grades. So, what you need to do is assess yourself if you have the committment and dedication it is quiet possible to do A levels in one year (with excellent grades).
Cheers!

P.S: People have been completing A levels in one year for many years so this would not be a unique case but make sure you take tuitions from the best teachers available. Cause not only you have to learn hard but also learn smart :p

Reaction score
First of all, your combination of subjects is totally screwed up. Since, your mentioned subject combination makes you a commerce student. I would recommend you to take A level Mathematics as it is more than necessary for commerce students. Secondly, there is no point in taking subjects with overlaping course work i.e Business studies and Economics. Since economics is more credited choose conomics. Furthermore, General paper is compulsory for university admission. So, your subjects combination should be A level : Accounting, Mathematics, Economics, and General Paper.
Now that we have chosen the right subject combination lets come to the main question i.e A level in one year. The answer to which can differ from person to person. If you can study hard for 7-10 hours daily for a whole year it won't be an issue and you would pretty much end up with excellent grades. However, if you lack committment and sincerity to academics spending even 5 years in doing A levels won't bring about good results.
I personally have friends who wanted a fast track towards CA(chartered accountancy) and they did A levels in one year. And tell you what they ended up with awesome grades. So, what you need to do is assess yourself if you have the committment and dedication it is quiet possible to do A levels in one year (with excellent grades).
Cheers!

P.S: People have been completing A levels in one year for many years so this would not be a unique case but make sure you take tuitions from the best teachers available. Cause not only you have to learn hard but also learn smart :p
gp is more screwed up i will advise u to take subjects in which u feel comfortable confident and derive enjoyment economics and accounts accelerated is not a problem but business studies can be pretty lengthy and is vocational in nature

Reaction score
gp is more screwed up i will advise u to take subjects in which u feel comfortable confident and derive enjoyment economics and accounts accelerated is not a problem but business studies can be pretty lengthy and is vocational in nature
Why exactly is General Paper screwed up mate? If the person wants to get admission in university(or to gain an exemption in CA module A1) basic english proficiency needs to be shown for which General paper must be attempted. Besides, General paper does not require any additional preparation and the only effort needed is to go for the paper itself.

Reaction score
firstly iba lums dont accept gp in their offer likewise university abroad see it as a bullshit suject moreover this is a subject taken as 4th 5th or even 6th subject likewise a grade is quite tough

Reaction score
firstly iba lums dont accept gp in their offer likewise university abroad see it as a bullshit suject moreover this is a subject taken as 4th 5th or even 6th subject likewise a grade is quite tough
Can I ask you about your most recent Qualification completed? Ofcourse I know GP is not counted towards fulfilling Conditional offers from universities either home or abroad. But the thing is that it is compulsory in the sense that every university requires prove of english proficiency to be shown and for that General Paper is needed.

Reaction score
olevels don wid 10 as 4bs and 1 top in the world distinction as levels done with 5 subjects and if u need english proficiency ielts alevel english or toefl ar better option ......