• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A Level Physics: HELP please :-(

Reaction score
Assalam alaikum everyone. Have a great day.:)

I am in my second year a levels. My subjects are Phy Chem Math and GP. I am doing fine in all except physics. I simply can't understand physics now even though i was good at it in o level :(.

This is because there is no book which offers a thorough, detailed explanation of the topics. In chemistry i faced a similar problem but I fortunately i had the Phillip Matthews book which is a sort of chemistry encyclopedia and it explained every topic in detail.

If YOU know about a physics book which covers all a level topics in detail then please let me know.:):):)

Reaction score

There is a thread about Physics AS MCQs. Anyone who is willing and has time can do this work which can be a source of 10000 supplements for him!
There are the physics compiled Past papers (MCQs), http://www.y alevelforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14 . Can anyone on Earth please post the answers to these topical past papers who has already done A -levels or the starting topics? (By checking them with Marking schemes or what their teachers have told them) I would be so grateful to the one who can do this for all of us.

Reaction score
"international physics" is a book that can help u alot!! not even a single point in this book is irrelevant or out of syllabus and topics are well elaborated for better understanding of students...

Reaction score
Dude, I understood physics better. The thing is you need to understand concepts and remember formulas. When you know concepts you will easily grasp definitions. I loved doing physics but I never much practised it because I was super lazy.

Reaction score
''Cambridge International Physics AS and A Level Coursebook'' << this book trust me, is amazing and tailor made for the exams!

Reaction score
U said that u hav GP can u plz giv me some good notes of GP and names of book that is very good and nearly covers most of the syllabus!plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :rolleyes: or any link plz!

Reaction score
Check out that physics coursebook.Do not attempt questions because it is said that the questions in it are too easy . It would make your level of understanding of questions low and you won't be able to do the questions of difficult standard .So, Just read from this book as it is almost to the point and preffered by teachers too and jump on the old questions like in Pacific Physics or past papers of 1870's. . In this way you will get maximum understanding ! |
Hope it helps. :)

Reaction score
Reaction score
can i get notes for the chapter : deformation of solids
what is the relation between:
1) length and extension
2) diameter and extension
3) cross sectional area and extension?

Reaction score
ohkay, which books are you using?
for classified i use G.c.E A level physics but i think it's available in my country only but there are other classified available for other countries search it in bookstores.And past papers download them in xtremepapers and work them and check marking scheme :) good luck dear